xfire game detect issues

soulJAHmon

Question

I've been trying for 4 days to get xfire to detect cod4 on my computer and it will not. It won't detect automatically, and it won't let me browse for a manual detect either. It usesd to work fine. I've tried re-itstalling xfire (once) and I've re-installed the cod4 (3 times) and I still got nothing. Please help!

5 answers to this question

I had the same problem with ET long time ago.

What I did. Manual detect, found et.exe(iw3mp.exe for cod if im right)

Also when I start xfire there is a pop-up asking permission for xfire update, unless give permission it won't detect the game during that logon.

Thats all I know, try this hopefully it will help.

yes I've tried both of those options and I'm still stuck. The detect window takes for ever to load in the first place and if I choose the cod4 game under not detected and try to browse, the browse window wont function so I can tell it the path. I've tried everything I can think of and still nothing works.

Edited by soulJAHmon

Its a dumb question but... you changed the auto detect drop down to manual detect? That should allow you to use the browse button.