ET DemoView Edition - Enemy Territory Software

SunLight

• Clan Friend

Any possibility add these under some key so to get popup window as guide?

Masa_1964

That popup window with demo commands is drawn by the mod not the engine, as far as I remember (can't check now)

I could make a second popup window, and I also noticed a little bug in the hud when I use smaller resolutions.

Since there is a readme file with a full explanation of all new commands and keys (and atm I have no time), I don't think a new release just for these 'small' things would make sense, but all suggestions are welcome

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Clan Friend

for some reason, i can't play a demo in noquater mod. it will say invalid then the program will crash. no problem playing demos in silent & jaymod , only nq.

you can only replay that demo with the original et, you mean?maybe if you pm me a link to the demo, if it's not a problem for you, I could check it myselfMeanwhile, after posting version 1.3, I have recompiled it for Linux without some extra dependencies.If I find there is a bug with nq demos, I could fix this and another bug, and maybe upload v1.4

• Like 1

you can only replay that demo with the original et, you mean?maybe if you pm me a link to the demo, if it's not a problem for you, I could check it myselfMeanwhile, after posting version 1.3, I have recompiled it for Linux without some extra dependencies.If I find there is a bug with nq demos, I could fix this and another bug, and maybe upload v1.4

yes i can play any NQ demos with the original ET, but not with the demo viewer. i don't know if it's just me or others are experiencing it as well

• Like 1

<3 <3

• Clan Friend

yes i can play any NQ demos with the original ET, but not with the demo viewer. i don't know if it's just me or others are experiencing it as well

I admit I rarely play nq and I rarely watch nq demos, but I have watched some in the past and I didn't have any problems, so it's maybe specific to your demo? Also, make sure you use the latest version of my mod.

If you could please send me a link to the demo via pm, I will check.

• Clan Friend

I had no problem playing the Nq demo that I made.

Not said it yet Sun, but absolutely amazing job. Keep up the good work.

thanks.

that noquarter bug ended up being something else and not a bug, so I have only to figure out how to fix the map bug in goldrush now...

In case the others have not noticed yet, pressing Ctrl+A would make enemies glow in white color while team mates are still in normal uniform color, just that its cool. :) Thanks for the work Sunlight

• Clan Friend

In case the others have not noticed yet, pressing Ctrl+A would make enemies glow in white color while team mates are still in normal uniform color, just that its cool. :) Thanks for the work Sunlight

just 'A' will do the trick

It sets shownormals to enemies and unlagger automatically. Since I was doing that all the time when starting a demo I thought it was nice to have a shortcut :P

to change the color of those shownormals, use /r_triscolor. The 4 numbers (range 0-1) are red, green, blue, alpha. For example, green shownormals and semitransparent:

/r_triscolor "0 1 0 0.1"

Unlagger is set in multiples of 50ms since that is a server frame anyway. There is no interpolation, maybe in the future I could do that, but demo delagging is only approximative and it can never be perfect.

• 7 months later...

Lazy request :P Anyway possible to have in the ET menu something like "Load Demo" and auto detect the mod and play it?

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Lazy request :P Anyway possible to have in the ET menu something like "Load Demo" and auto detect the mod and play it?

It could be done, the start of the demo need to be parsed to get the mod name, then set the mod, /vid_Restart and force a /demo demoname again. (Or a lazier way would be to switch mod once it parses the beginning of the demo, only if the mod name doesn't match with fs_game)

But unless you put all demos in etmain/demos you need to load the mod beforehand, or it won't be listed among the demos, since it lists only etmain/demos and modname/demos.

So that part should be changed as well, to show all the demos in all folders.

If the problem is just  knowing which mod a demo has been recorded with, you can use my other tool (http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/734-et-demo-stats/)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Leader

In the last week or so, /r_shownormals 6 or 7 via A-key or console input does nothing.  The A-key does toggle the cvar back to 0. A manual setting to 5 works fine.  Same with a new download of the exe.

Another player mentions on forums that he cannot start DemoView.  "I tried using sunlights demo reviewer, but something isn't working right for me, and it won't even load."  Link will be emailed to Sunlight.

A victim of Patch Tuesday?