ET DemoView Edition - Enemy Territory Software

SunLight

5 hours ago, Leatherface said:

what bug is it ??

Where you have to click play twice in JayMod when selecting from the box for it to actually play (demo file.dm84 works normally afaik). 

@Neuro did you manually put demoview in your wine folder for ET, or did you use like PlayOnMac, winetricks, etc? 

Edited by Xernicus
Fixed @ - didn't work on mobile.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Xernicus said:

Where you have to click play twice in JayMod when selecting from the box for it to actually play (demo file.dm84 works normally afaik). 

@Neuro did you manually put demoview in your wine folder for ET, or did you use like PlayOnMac, winetricks, etc? 

This ??  I have told Neuro how to do , in a pm on DC... BTW 1 click in mod is enough, but have to click twice the " back " button  on my ss...atleast thats how i do it

20180902_120154.jpg

Edited by Leatherface
  • Like 1

• Leader
On 12/4/2018 at 1:25 AM, RedBaird said:

That "Z:\/", with slashes in both directions, looks odd. 

I vaguely recall a problem-with-ET post once, where the SS also showed something like "c :/...programfiles/....  \  / etmain". (spaces added for clarity).  I don't remember what that problem turned out to be or if in involved Macs or Linux.

I looked at my etconsole.log file (in etmain) and found that ET rarely uses the forward / slash. @Neuro You should open your etconsole.log file in your etmain folder and see what it might say...or post it here. :D

That file gets overwritten each time that ET starts, so you should rename it or copy it as soon as you stop the DemoViewer program.

• Like 1

Thank you for all the help. I installed another ET. Leather had me put 1820305206_ScreenShot2018-12-05at07_46_04.png.a9e822845671e488528c5e3718fb9fdd.png in my etmain.

Got this error (just "back" it out)

1547878613_ScreenShot2018-12-04at23_23_17.thumb.png.061b71faa96c49e3bc8c580d8b972475.png

And this error (had to go add the map file to etmain)

910767480_ScreenShot2018-12-04at23_16_12.thumb.png.d6cd7c1cc1f2dc0d65f7dce9ee3ae11c.png

I can now run this ET demo viewer. Just need to fool around with the features.

There are a few things I need further assistance with. I will discuss in PM. Awaiting response from @Scarface06

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Ok so I just downloaded the et demo viewer and have created a copy of my ET as well. Just like the readme says do to so. 

How do I get the et_demoview_1.4 app to work? I c/p the file it into my ETmain, like Neuro did, and got the following after clicking on et_demoview_1.4.... 

"Couldn't load default.cfg - I am missing essential files - verify your installation?"

Where am I going wrong. Help! :)

• Leader
On 11/18/2020 at 11:14 AM, XeRoiXBSU said:

I c/p the file it into my ETmain, like Neuro did

My ET_demoviewer program is in my 'Main' ETfolder, "Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory".

It shows up under my "et.exe" file in the Windows 10 File_Explorer display.

It cannot find et.exe and its config files from within the ETmain subfolder.

BTW, in recent years, my copy has been requiring me to select the demo-file twice.  When I first choose a demo to replay, I get this same error as in Neuro's post:

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 23.23.17.png

If I click then on replays again and re-select the same demo, then it will run the demo normally. :?: 

I am not familiar with Neuro's file system at all, so I am guessing that it is of a Linux 'flavor'. 😄 

• Like 3

Update: FIXED 

After trial and error, location for the extracted et_demoview_1.4 file needs to be placed in Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory folder and no where else. (I had it placed in wolfenstein - Enemy Territory/etmain <--dont do that, oop!)  From there, right click et_demoview 1.4, open as administrator. Load mod of choice. Replays. Choose demo from list to view. 

Thanks to all who looked and answered. 

Also, make sure you have the Read Me commands handy (print/write/memorize/whatever) and enjoy all the extra features of this demo viewer by sunlight. :)

• Like 4