How to manage hundreds of online passwords?

PiNoY

• 3 weeks later...

PW: 1234567 = /\w3S[]M3

+1 for Keepass. I haven't tried Lastpass in some time. For some reason I didn't like it at the time. My Keepass is on a PW protected USB drive and updated once a month. However should I forget either my Keepass Master password or the USB drive password..I am completely screwed.

The algorithm method that Novice outlined is pretty steady and a good method. It just takes some self training. Of course if your pro you can just remember everything like Joe.

• 4 weeks later...

The big bad point of LastPass: it uploads your passwords to their website. It also doesn't sort out your memorable questions either does it? That is a much easier way of getting into accounts than through a password.

After a while of not using passwords for one month, I have to get back to lastpass as I am back to work and require those hundred passwords that I usually forget

• 2 weeks later...

Even java-based and java-script-based web authentication system can be detected by lastpass and prompt you to save your password. And if the website is not listed yet from the encrypted database, lastpass will prompt you if you like to generate random password for the said login page.