Why creditcard along with paypal?

Tarzan

Why is it that when I want to buy VIP membership, I need a creditcard? With previous donations a creditcard has never been needed, but now I have to match(is this the word?) a creditcard with my paypal account. Am I doing something wrong, or is that just necessary?

When I buy it in the store and get to the last 3rd step, I have to login in paypal and then it asks me for the creditcard.

credit card is usually needed for online payments/purchase....paypal acts as your credit card so you really have to link your cc to your paypal account & needs to get verified before using it. what's good with paypal is it helps to protect your cc from fraud/theft. well at least, that's what they say.

When I buy it in the store and get to the last 3rd step, I have to login in paypal and then it asks me for the creditcard.

it asks for your credit card info coz you don't have a paypal account yet. once you have paypal, all you need is your paypal email & password.

I already have a paypal account, since I have donated some times before this. So it shouldn't be asking me for this. When I go to the site and log in it's all good. When I made a normal donation, it hasn't asked me for any creditcard, but when I want to buy membership it does.

well it shouldn't ask you for your cc info if you have paypal account. when was the last time you used your paypal? paypal MIGHT have reset the verification status of your credit card that is connected to your paypal account for security reasons. can you check if your paypal is still verified?

Probably because the current VIP membership is recurring, and for recurring memberships you need account information which is validated, which can only be done with a credit card (i guess), and therefore you need a credit card.

Solution: Ask dare (by Client area or otherwise PM) if it's okay if you donate 50$ (or something) such that he afterwards sets you up as a VIP. It's likely that he agrees with that I guess. Or it's just because I'm awesome. Most likely the latter I guess :P

It seems that even with a normal donation, a creditcard is needed. So retarded, I now have put money on the account, but the only thing I can do with it, is putting it back on my bankaccount.

I seriously doubt that actually, I don't have currently a credit card connected to my paypal either (I had when I got my paypal though), but donation has never been a problem for me.

You can also transfer the money to me, then I'll donate it for you.

When I get to the third step in the payment, it sends me to the paypal site where I have to log in. I also have to login while I'm logged in on another tab btw.

After that it asks me for my creditcard number. I can't skip it either.

A normal login without the order to pay anything does not result in them asking for my creditcardnumber.

I just checked (awesome $1 donation :P), there really isn't a problem for me. The only thing that might be incorrect for you, is the following

Payment Method:

Instant Transfer : Postbank Giro (Confirmed) x-***4

€0,79 EUR

PayPal Conversion Rate as of 10 Mar 2012: 1 Euro = 1,27138 U.S. Dollars

Does it say anything like that for you? Where, at paypal, does it state that you need to fill your creditcard? For me, I log in, I get an overview (as in: "Hello Rolf, please review your donation"), I click "pay" and Paypal is satisfied. Between which steps does it ask for your creditcard? What does it *exactly* say? Copy that message here please (and remove personal information as name, bank account ID, email address and stuff).

And yes, it's normal that even if you're logged in on paypal in one tab, you also have to log in at the other tab again.

When I click the donate button on our forum it links me to the paypalsite which asks me to log in, as shown in the first picture.

Immediatelly after that it asks me for my creditcard as shown in the second picture. It's in dutch, but that's okay since you're dutch as well:)

post-5863-0-16093600-1331401486_thumb.jpg

post-5863-0-58491800-1331401499_thumb.jpg

the money already in on your account?

If I want to put money, it takes like a week (but I don't use a creditcard for it)

Anyway can't check it atm, I don't have any money on my paypal account and I get creditcard notice (but that's because I don't have money on my account)

Ah, I've looked it up and there might be two issues.

1. You don't have enough money on your account. In that case paypal wants to get the money from your creditcard. Solution: more money to your paypal.

2. Your address is not verified. Usually for paypal that is done by creditcard, however it can be done by your bank account. The disadvantage of the latter one is that it takes more than a few seconds, more like a week, to check. I guess FA 'requires' that the money is transfered immediately and your address is verified, hence, you can't use your account. Solution: Get your address verified somewhere else (by payment!, a webshop for example, ebay won't work either I believe), and then you can donate / use your paypal account better.

You might want to contact paypal for this to verify though, but I guess its either one of these two.

the money already in on your account?

If I want to put money, it takes like a week (but I don't use a creditcard for it)

Anyway can't check it atm, I don't have any money on my paypal account and I get creditcard notice (but that's because I don't have money on my account)

i never have money on my paypal account beacuse its linked to my bank account and usualy there is no problem. paypal pays for me and takes the money from my account back.

but i heard paypal have changed some things and now you have to add which kind of paypal donation you want.

so people can choose they only want creditcard payment and so on...

there was only some sites where i couldnt pay because of a creditcard is needed.

Edited by SinA*