Need help with CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message 86

envy_

Hey guys! :)

Lately ive bin getting disconnected and get this message: CL_ParseServerMessage: Illegible server message 86.

It happens just randomly, sometimes tree times a map. sometimes not for hours.

Here's a screenshot of the error message and console.

etproblem.jpg

I sometimes get massive lagg spikes under like 1-4 min, but they never happen together with the CL_Parse thing.

This problem is getting so frustrating, ive tried googleing without success.

I hope someone here might be able to help me! :P

Cheers, envy_

Firstly, are you using two computers connecting to ET at any time?

I believe this is commonly a network port blockage.. Based on that it's likely that it is either because two of you are using the same port and your router doesn't like it, or your router is blocking port 27960..

Go to your firewall and router settings, and ensure port 27960 isn't being blocked.

You can always try \net_port 27961 (default is 27960) and see if that helps (in ET console). If it does then something's blocking your ports.

server ?

your ET version ?

your mod version ?

F|A 2

2.55 patched with ETStraterPro

Mod version, i dont know. Should be right, i downloaded jaymod from F|A 2 server.

Firstly, are you using two computers connecting to ET at any time?

I believe this is commonly a network port blockage.. Based on that it's likely that it is either because two of you are using the same port and your router doesn't like it, or your router is blocking port 27960..

Go to your firewall and router settings, and ensure port 27960 isn't being blocked.

You can always try \net_port 27961 (default is 27960) and see if that helps (in ET console). If it does then something's blocking your ports.

No i am just using one computer.

I've looked around in the firewall but couldnt find anything, but i added port 27960 to be accepted in out going and in going, by adding new rule.

I will try that also!

Thanks! :)

No i am just using one computer.

I've looked around in the firewall but couldnt find anything, but i added port 27960 to be accepted in out going and in going, by adding new rule.

I will try that also!

Thanks! :)

If that fails, You might want to check out this tutorial on setting up proper port forwarding http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/126-how-to-set-up-port-forwarding-for-wet/

Tested all those things uve mentioned, still no succes :/

Could it have something to do with DNS issues? like once in a hour i cant refresh web pages for like 10 min, but i can connect to ET servers.

• Clan Friend

Provided that you connect with the correct jaymod client version (same as server, you could try to redownload it),

I would say it's a problem of corrupted data in your network packets, because your client gets a wrong server message number. And the server certainly is not supposed to send you a message number other than those expected by the client game.

If that bug affects only you, and not other players, it means data is sent correctly by the server but not received. Or your jaymod client is corrupted, and can't parse messages properly.

I don't know perfectly how et parses and unpacks all the stream of data from the server, it's not unlikely that a corrupted thing early in the chain of events could lead to an error message later.

You could try to play with 2.60b and see if it still happens, I doubt it will help but who knows.