Need Help-Strange problem

MaKy

Hey all. For the last week I have been unable to enter j3 with my screen remaining in the "Awaiting Gamestate"..For some reason I can enter randomnly but it will only be for a map and it will just stay on the scores and stats screen without moving to next map. I have tried numerous things and have encountered a secondry problem. I now cannot install the 2.6b patch it will only be either 2.55 or 2.6 I previousely had no problem installing the patches through forum instructions yet it does not want to go to 2.6b. I also downloaded and reinstalled a fresh copy of game, did our master server fix and again would only let me get up to V2.6. I have no problem entering j1,2,4 Silent, Hardcore and NQ. It's just J3. I hope I have explained this clearly as I am now at a loss as to what I can try next. I would like to add. WeetbiX sits by me on another pc we both run off the same modem and she has exactly the same problem? Hoping for any suggestions. I'll try to remain on xf as much as possible if anyone would like to hit me up there. Thanks all.

MaKy

Is there anything you changed from when it worked to when it suddenly didn't work anymore? Modem, Router, anything blocking something?

It is really strange, because I think NQ1 and NQ2 run on the same machine as jay3 and you can connect to them..

If you changed anything, I'd try to change it back or if you have a backup to when it worked, I'd try that.

Otherwise my only idea is to reinstall everything starting from the OS. Maybe someone else has a better idea though.

Even he tried to remove the program completely with all its files.And to download the game and install it freshly, but it did not work either. its so so confusing and complicated.

i was thinking of his connection or modem and router as gubbi mentioned it

:unsure::huh:

To add to the topic, while connecting, it shows Maky's name in the TAB menu as connecting, but he is unable to fully connect.

Weet is running v 2.6 and Maky is on v 2.55.

Same Router IP, diff PCs, diff versions, diff installs, same problem.

Could a ban be blocking them from connecting?

In console It says Maky connected, in TAB it shows as connecting and no changes until he quits, which in console it then says he disconnected.

We tried using my Jaymod file on his Pc for the hell of it, no go.

We unplugged his modem/router for 5 mins, tried again, he said it connected more normally and didn't rush to awaiting gamestate like normal, it hung on the awaiting challenge screen a little first, then switched to awaiting gamestate, and got stuck there.

We tried connecting through the in game F|A menu, using / connect with the IP, as well as /connect fa.clan etc... none worked for him.

He still has no issues connecting to Jay 2, or any other server. It's only an issue with Jay3.

If anyone else can help, it'd be appreciated, I'm maxed out on my skill level for this kind of thing. :(

Yeah me too, he can connect to jay 4 in germany. So the only one that he cant connect to is jay 3 he did full reinstall and tried to join and no luck. He downloaded 1 map then he could connect but when map changed he stayed connected but couldnt get in. He stayed at 31 ping until he disconnected but his screen didn't changed from the last map.

Firstly thank you all for your time, Waster, Antichrist and comments. Seems we have established that the problem isn't coming from our end. We've exhausted our ideas and since we can connect to absolutely every other server it looks like a J3 issue even though of course a number of players are in there at this very moment. Nothing took place here ( At home ) that we can think of before discovering we suddenly could not enter. Not sure what to try next but will keep at it. Was able to get into Bremen with a few minutes remaining of the map, when it ended the screen once again remained on the Bremen map with the stats and stayed like that. Will have to put the brain into overdrive and search for a light bulb :P.

Simple solution, play other server! ;)

Is your firewall blocking anything that could be having to connect to the server? Only thing I can think of. Or maybe try downloading all the maps that are on that server prior to trying to play?

Simple solution, play other server! ;)

Is your firewall blocking anything that could be having to connect to the server? Only thing I can think of. Or maybe try downloading all the maps that are on that server prior to trying to play?

I never have firewall on, I have all the maps and I need my rapid fire :camper But until then I will certainly visit j2 and Silent.

I think you have to ping -t 178.63.72.170

check if you got request time out or you got server ping time.

check my ss , I got same your problem now

check the rote active notification light when you connect Jya3 ,its work or not

Like you connect forum ,its work then the site is opened.

post-8016-0-83545200-1330422981_thumb.jpg

Did you try our auto .pk3 and .tmp cleaner?

Im not sure it's a pk3 problem. He also has a new install of ET, and it hasn't changed.

And the biggest question, is that this happened to 2 different computers at his house at the same time. He says he made no PC changes, no network changes, and no cfg changes.

I'm thinking there might be an issue with our server IP being blocked by his firewall, or our server blocking his router IP.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I also had him enable the two download commands in cfg that I could find, /cl and /sv, and it also made no change in allowing him to connect.

Im not sure it's a pk3 problem. He also has a new install of ET, and it hasn't changed.

And the biggest question, is that this happened to 2 different computers at his house at the same time. He says he made no PC changes, no network changes, and no cfg changes.

I'm thinking there might be an issue with our server IP being blocked by his firewall, or our server blocking his router IP.

2 different PCs , one is working and can connect to jay3 (weet PC)

and other PC , can't connect to jay3 (Maky PC)

They use same rote and same ISP ,

yes this is Maky's PC problem ,

Try this cmd maybe work !slap Maky's PC :lol

2 different PCs , one is working and can connect to jay3 (weet PC)

and other PC , can't connect to jay3 (Maky PC)

They use same rote and same ISP ,

yes this is Maky's PC problem ,

Try this cmd maybe work !slap Maky's PC :lol

maybe i understand wrong. but weetbix has the same problem

WeetbiX sits by me on another pc we both run off the same modem and she has exactly the same problem?

• Like 1