How review cheater demo

Depends on where the demo was recorded.

Jaymod demos should be put to C:/..../Wolfenstein Enemy Territory/jaymod/demo folder and of course nq or silent demos to silent folder.

Then open ET, load the appropiate mod and click on replays or type /demo [demoname](without .dm_84)

Sunlight will have an essay on this!

But the first things are you looking for in a suspect will be:

1.) Unexplainable strong jerky movements.

2.) Headshots or high percentage kills.

3.) Predictive timing/ability

• Clan Friend

I mean when I watch it , what I have to notice his move his looking etc !?

If the suspect cheater was on a f|a server you should probably report it in the appropriate forum section, or maybe pm a demo link to an admin if you are not sure, and they will review it for you

It's too hard to summarize it here, in general if you have played a lot and specced some pro (possibly lan-proofed) players, you can see the difference between them and hackers. Some hackers are even bad.

I am not going to tell you in detail what I personally check, otherwise I would end up helping cheaters, I also strongly suggest you never to try hacks to check how they work, not only it's generally useless (because you could get the same infos in other ways), but it would also get you in trouble.

Another helpful thing is being a good player yourself, or at least knowing what a good player can do, to tell the difference between normal and suspicious, or notice some difference in skill in different areas (like a player who aims like a god but moves like a beginner). You need to know what's natural to spot what is not.

To check for wh record a demo and watch it with /r_shownormals 1

And do keep in mind that predictive timing/ability can also be skill.

Some experienced players can predict when someone shows up or where they are. In other words, battlesense.

It can be difficult to differentiate between wallhack and battlesense.

• Clan Friend

And do keep in mind that predictive timing/ability can also be skill.

Some experienced players can predict when someone shows up or where they are. In other words, battlesense.

It can be difficult to differentiate between wallhack and battlesense.

in fact I said you must be a good player (I'm not :P) or at least have an idea about what good players take into account (spawn times, usual camping spots, to say the least)

For example I was recently accused of wh (I don't make names because it doesn't matter who it was) in this situation:

1. got spawnkilled in goldrush

2. I knew that he was still alive, since I didn't see his name in death messages, and wanted to go after him

3. I guessed that he could be camping near the columns@bank door, typical spot, nobody there.

3b. nobody on the left or right of spawn exit.

4. Guessing that he was waiting behind the bank I went from mg and checked every corner. At most I would waste time checking.

5. I found him hiding in that obvious little corner with those steps, where people usually hide, and fragged him

After a while... 'you wallhack' ... dafuq? 'you are immature and so you use tools' etc. etc. I had to endure all sorts of insults for that simple guess, and that player always brags about his ability to catch cheaters, so...

I was there sun , when I told you why your anger today ?

I always looking at my radar map also use < > buttons to Increase and decreasing the view of maps

and where the enemies play and what stops they are , also I mute V say sounds and focus of enemies steps

also I need time of game to warm up and act like this in the maps.

I made a real quick tutorial. Hope it helps.

http://fearless-assa...-demos-from-et/

Whoops....... didn't see you wanted to know what to look for. Anyhow..... was about time I contributed a tutorial of some sort.

Well as far as specifics.....

I don't think we should be giving our secrets away in the general section of the forums.

• Like 1

I made a real quick tutorial. Hope it helps.

http://fearless-assa...-demos-from-et/

Whoops....... didn't see you wanted to know what to look for. Anyhow..... was about time I contributed a tutorial of some sort.

The selected tutorial must be approved before you can perform this action

The selected tutorial must be approved before you can perform this action

Here is a direct link to the vid I made. I can view it fine, but maybe because I was the author. Guess the leaders have to review & approve it before it is made available as a tutorial here on the forums.