I use ESET Smart Security :]

I think it's very good :] Me be virus free

Same, the best anti virus you can get.

The best free one is Avast.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Norton mostly. Though I am unhappy with it. The next one will be Kaspersky I think. On every computer where Norton is installed, it is just slowing down everything all the time. It is terrible. Makes me want to hit my keyboard. I only have one though. So I am trying to retain myself ;)

I'll list all I use, not just anti-virus.

Malwayrebytes Anti-Malware

CCleaner

Spybot Search and Destroy

Spyware Blaster

Ad-Aware

Online Armor (Great protection.)

WinPatrol

I think that is illegal for him to do as a commercial entity....especially if you got charged

Nah it was already 75$ , we asked him what do they think we should use as antivirus while he was here and he was like ill just install the one we use . So it didnt cost extra for us .

For the moment I have Bitdefender total secu (want to test it).. Seems good.. But will return to Kaspersky Pure a bit faster than Bitdefender for internet, gaming.. I use Malwarebytes, MalAware, Procexp, HijackFree, Hijackthis, CCleaner, reg7 and Wise and sometimes spybot, super antispyware and rootkit revealer..

for gaming and most security: Kaspersky Pure (the best IMHO), Bitdefender total security..

free: Avira (but only an antivirus)

good security but a bit heavy for gaming: Eset smart security (or Eset nod32) and G-Data total care

If you use only an antivirus dont forget to add an good firewall (with a gaming mode can be usefull) : Comodo (a bit hard to set but for sure the best firewall), Ashampoo, Outpost.. There's a lot..

And all tools and scan you can use to keep your PC securised when you have a doubt with your antivirus: Malwarebytes, MalAware (emisoft), HijackFree (Emisoft), Hijackthis and Combofix (be carefull with these 2 last softwares, for users with much knowledge only)..

You can use an antispyware and an antirootkit but it will be useless.. All good antivirus have it.. But in case or : Spybot, Super Antispyware, Spysweeper (webroot), Procexp, SysInspector, Avira antivir antirootkit, TDSS killer (only for specific rootkit).. Or use HitmanPro35.. This a good software, who's downloading appropriate tools (like softwares mentioned before) to scan and clean your PC..

Try to clean your Pc with: CCleaner, Registry cleaner, Wise registry cleaner, Glary, jv16, Tuneup utilities... You have the choice..

Use only one software for one domain or you will have some conflicts between they.. For example, if you use a personal firewall don't forget to disable the firewall of Windows (IMHO who's not really efficient)..

And update all drivers needed..

I have tested all these software and I have used much more than I have mentioned or I have seen here, in this thread.. lol.. A bit parano.. Me? Naah..