Police Brutality

Spitfire

I've read that police brutality is common problem in States,i'm sure it happens in other countries too but most of the stories what sees daylight comes from USA.So i would like you people to share your or your relavitves/friends experience with police brutality if you have any and tell what do you think about this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEoJQpkUNRc

And even worse: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh977NPLtFNKZ27hv9&fb_source=message

Omg....they beat people who are on the ground & use guns....wtf? I know that some people can be dangerous but it's purely bad. Why don't they just immobilize them, maybe give them a blow, and at worst, use taser?

Violence should be the last option. They're supposed to be 'IRL admins' and to be better than people who are arrested, not to be more stupid and more aggressive than them.(I don't understand insults neither)

Moreover loose his patience is a proof of weakness. Loose his patience and hit a man is shameful. Loose his patience and hit a girl/old person/young person is coward and and just deserves jail

What I've seen in this vid is a shame for USA police. I don't like to say that but I'm realist; police brutality in France is rare and forbidden by the law.

LOL....If you think it is easy to "immobilize" a person with out the use of force you are wrong. Are there cases of actual police brutality, yes. Did i see a lot of them in that video, no. As usual you get what they want you to see. As a officer I have rights to. I have the right not to be punched, kicked, pushed, spit on and verbally abused. being a police officer in a poor economic growth city in the USA is a dangerous, horrible job. Everyone gets upset when a teenager gets tased or shot by the police, but there is no public outcry when those same teens are stabbing and shooting innocent people or other gang members. Just 2 weeks ago in the school where my wife works a 13 yo girl was stabbed inn the chest by a 14 yo girl. No one said shit it was a 30 sec blurb on local TV for 2 days. If a officer tased that 13 yo girl the whole region would be in a uproar. I have been involved in corrections for 18 years and can relate to what I see in these videos more than most of you. I will say there are a couple on there where I want to punch the cop myself. But when watching these types of video do not be quick to judge the officer. Stress, tension, fear and half a video is not going to tell the whole story. There are stories of police brutality and there are stories about how police save lives everyday as well. Odd how once again only the stories of abuse are asked for. Like most careers you never get a pat on the back when you do good just a kick in the ass when you do bad.

• Like 4

I don't want to be rude, but why policemen in the vid are doing a job like that if they can't control their feeling and if they are submerged by them?

I know it is hard to say that i hate cops some times and yes some times i like them but most of the time is hate i have my reasons why and i whud not LIKE to share it.

Ther is lots of cop brutatality and like funk says the vids is only the bad parts of what a cop does no one know what the people have done agains the cops or other people some times the cops need to be more brutal agains people and when thay are mor brutal it is then the vid recorder comes out to tape the brutal arest but nothing aboute the 5-15 min before the cop deside to arest the persen in qestion.

hope u all understand what i mean :)

... Stopped watching at the 5th minute, I live in Belgium, my nephew works with the police I can tell you they have at least done their police exam. I get the feeling those guys didn't even study for it or anything -.- Now I live in a small country, it's not even the size of a state so maybe we can be a bit more picky about our people, but still (can't comprehend)

Still not as bad as our law system though. (saw a vid of a court doing a case and was truly disgusted)

I don't want to be rude, but why policemen in the vid are doing a job like that if they can't control their feeling and if they are submerged by them?

Due to the fact that they are humans and outside stimuli will have a affect on behavior no matter who you are, some show it more than other. But like I said I do not always agree with what some officers do. Like that A-hole in the video tackles that 13 or 14 yo skateboarder...really...I wish he would try that shit with me. That guy is more of a bully than cop in that situation.

Eh, I'm kind-of in the middle of the road about the topic. I do not think I would be stretching it if I said that to me, it seems like police resort to using force a lot more often these days. But then again, maybe people have just gotten stupider these days as well...

LOL....If you think it is easy to "immobilize" a person with out the use of force you are wrong. Are there cases of actual police brutality, yes. Did i see a lot of them in that video, no. As usual you get what they want you to see. As a officer I have rights to. I have the right not to be punched, kicked, pushed, spit on and verbally abused. being a police officer in a poor economic growth city in the USA is a dangerous, horrible job. Everyone gets upset when a teenager gets tased or shot by the police, but there is no public outcry when those same teens are stabbing and shooting innocent people or other gang members. Just 2 weeks ago in the school where my wife works a 13 yo girl was stabbed inn the chest by a 14 yo girl. No one said shi,t it was a 30 sec blurb on local TV for 2 days. If a officer tased that 13 yo girl the whole region would be in a uproar. I have been involved in corrections for 18 years and can relate to what I see in these videos more than most of you. I will say there are a couple on there where I want to punch the cop myself. But when watching these types of video do not be quick to judge the officer. Stress, tension, fear and half a video is not going to tell the whole story. There are stories of police brytality and there are stories about how police save lives everyday as well. Odd how once again only the stories of abuse are asked for. Like most careers you never get a pat on the back when you do good just a kick in the ass when you do bad.

I understand that as a cop you have a very dangerous, stressful and quite frankly unrewarding job in the sense of how people treat police officers these days. However, I've seen very few cops in this video that I do not think should AT LEAST be put on probation. The girl that gets pulled back by her trousers and then kicked to the curb from behind? The protesters that got sprayed with the orange teargas. The SEVERAL women and children that got hurt and even punched in the face, directly. So no struggling first, not trying to get them to the ground first, but straight up a punch in the face.

The police officers have just as many rights as any other person, but it's every police officers job to protect people's rights and safetly and certainly the example where they used teargas on the protesters was, in my humble opinion, a downright disgrace. People should at ALL times have the right to protest, for everyone should have the right to voice their opinion. As long as you're not causing other people harm which they were clearly NOT, the police officers and goverment should've let them sit their until they not asses left to sit on.

Other then that, I have nothing but respect for the honorable men and women that try their hardest to help and protect other people, risking their own lifes in the process. However many of these cases just show angry, aggressive and downright pittyfull men that don't like the fact that people don't give them enough 'respect.' I'm sorry but respect should still be EARNED and not given cheaply.

I understand that as a cop you have a very dangerous, stressful and quite frankly unrewarding job in the sense of how people treat police officers these days. However, I've seen very few cops in this video that I do not think should AT LEAST be put on probation. The girl that gets pulled back by her trousers and then kicked to the curb from behind? The protesters that got sprayed with the orange teargas. The SEVERAL women and children that got hurt and even punched in the face, directly. So no struggling first, not trying to get them to the ground first, but straight up a punch in the face.

The police officers have just as many rights as any other person, but it's every police officers job to protect people's rights and safetly and certainly the example where they used teargas on the protesters was, in my humble opinion, a downright disgrace. People should at ALL times have the right to protest, for everyone should have the right to voice their opinion. As long as you're not causing other people harm which they were clearly NOT, the police officers and goverment should've let them sit their until they not asses left to sit on.

Other then that, I have nothing but respect for the honorable men and women that try their hardest to help and protect other people, risking their own lifes in the process. However many of these cases just show angry, aggressive and downright pittyfull men that don't like the fact that people don't give them enough 'respect.' I'm sorry but respect should still be EARNED and not given cheaply.

yes the girl being dragged like that and left to fall was not the right thing to do. Like I say there are some bad ones in that video. The teargas one is not one of them. You must remember that someone called the police to that sit in. Mayor or dean of a university someone did. I am sure they were told over and over to leave. They chose not to, thats the choice they made so you get the gas face...lol. it wears off in 40 minutes or so on average. i have been sprayed numerous times it sux but better than a biily club in the head. Like I got in Spain from behind, by a cop so I smashed him in the face with a bottle and ran like hell. Its a long story....damn brutality...

I for one can defend the first scene. In my English class, we were learning about it as a classic case of "see both sides of an argument". There is a kind of drug that allows one to be pain-resistant, and you can break all their limbs and they'd still attack you. The only way to actually stop them is break them and put them down with a combination of brute force as seen. The victim was not actually on the drug, but he was thought to be on it. This was because he was tased 4 times and he still wasn't down. The only probably option was that he was on this drug. That's why they did that.

yes the girl being dragged like that and left to fall was not the right thing to do. Like I say there are some bad ones in that video. The teargas one is not one of them. You must remember that someone called the police to that sit in. Mayor or dean of a university someone did. I am sure they were told over and over to leave. They chose not to, thats the choice they made so you get the gas face...lol. it wears off in 40 minutes or so on average. i have been sprayed numerous times it sux but better than a biily club in the head. Like I got in Spain from behind, by a cop so I smashed him in the face with a bottle and ran like hell. Its a long story....damn brutality...

I understand that someone told the police to go there and I'm sure that the police told them to leave, but to immediately start teargassing peaceful protesters is almost inhumane and breaking their civil rights. I just don't see most the police officers in this video defending anyone's civil rights or protecting anyone.

I understand that someone told the police to go there and I'm sure that the police told them to leave, but to immediately start teargassing peaceful protesters is almost inhumane and breaking their civil rights. I just don't see most the police officers in this video defending anyone's civil rights or protecting anyone.

Peaceful protest sounds wonderful does it not? Well just because a protest, that is what it is, is peaceful does not give you the right to block my civil rights and liberties. How soon we forget that even a peaceful demonstration may inhibit anothers ability to do what they want to do hence you get the teargas or pepper spray. Example: You and your frends decide you want to hold a demonstration on a sidewalk or in front of a building. You now have violated my rights because I do not have clear unmolested path down sidewalk or to the door. That is what is called the bigger picture. A growing problem with the world is people do what they want to do and do not care about others.