Rat 7

Zoe Fletcher

Wireless fails... that means I'd have to go and buy batteries????????????? I'm way too lazy for that... and I'd cry if the battery would die while I'm gaming

I have a defibrillator handy for that kinda thing. I lube up my chest and stick 'em on and when I feel the mouse start to lagg, I turn on the plug and its good as new. What if you're shooting something thats moving really fast and you pull the mouse out of its socket?!

That would really hurt! :P

I have a defibrillator handy for that kinda thing. I lube up my chest and stick 'em on and when I feel the mouse start to lagg, I turn on the plug and its good as new. What if you're shooting something thats moving really fast and you pull the mouse out of its socket?!

That would really hurt! :P

never had that...

but:

razor mamba problem solved XD

okay... it cost like over 100euro

Anyway,we are going a bit of topic, don't want to start a discussion wire vs wireless in this thread ^^

• Clan Friend

I can't play without an extra +moveup in mouse3 (thumb button) so playing with a mouse without a side button is not an option, crouch jumps are so hard with space, like I should hold w+a+sprint+space then crouch in mid-air? No way :)

Now I'd be curious to play with one of those non-gaming-mice to see if I suck more, but I should find another surface, because they don't work on glass, and glass feels so smooth...

But I can imagine it already... if I set a low sens then I move too fast and it will skip, if I set highsens it doesn't have enough dpi and crappy mouse feet have too much friction, so all the friction will make small movements uneven... hard to click cheap buttons (well, the advantage here is that you won't fire a rifle grenade by mistake, only becaue you slightly touched your left mouse button)

I guess I'm too nub to play with a normal mouse after all.

Actually, according to 'pro' players, my mouse (g5 1st edition) sux hard, they say laser sucks, and that mouse has a little negative acceleration if you move it really really fast (barely noticeable unless you play with 1meter/360degrees)

With mice, you get what you pay for. I used to use the $5 mouse and it sucked. just a basic mouse. Then the wheel mouse came out.. worth the $10!

Later on I upgraded to a $30 optical wheel mouse. The optics provide reliability, and accurate tracking over a ball mouse.

Now I have a $50 Logitech G9x gaming mouse. More buttons to make game controls easier, being able to change the weight of the mouse is a MAJOR help, and really changes how a mouse feels and performs. Having adjustable dpi isn't just a marketing thing, you can program some mice with several dpi settings, which would let you fine tune each specific game (or several classes within a game) to the right sensitivity.

I think they're definitely worth the extra money, if you like having a few extra features to make life easier and more comfortable. I'm happy I bought mine, and would never go back to a normal mouse again.

And the RAT series is just a badass piece of machinery completely :D

Having adjustable dpi isn't just a marketing thing, you can program some mice with several dpi settings, which would let you fine tune each specific game (or several classes within a game) to the right sensitivity.

I think they're definitely worth the extra money,

If you are refering to what I said about dpi being marketing, I was talking about 5000dpi vs 2000 vs 10000. It's not like the majority of people can play at 2000dpi with the speed settings cranked up all the way. I agree with adjustability being nice. I use the next sens up to snipe in ET. In COD blackops I crank it all the way up to chopper gun people.

• Clan Friend

High dpi does feel a bit smoother but then you get the negative accel. And I think above 1600-2000 you can't really feel the difference, maybe even lower. The important thing is to be able to aim at every single pixel for me.

If you are refering to what I said about dpi being marketing, I was talking about 5000dpi vs 2000 vs 10000. It's not like the majority of people can play at 2000dpi with the speed settings cranked up all the way. I agree with adjustability being nice. I use the next sens up to snipe in ET. In COD blackops I crank it all the way up to chopper gun people.

Yes, I was referring to what you said, but was to lazy to scroll up and quote :)

And you're absolutely right. My mouse will go up as high as 5700 dpi, and for ET, it's absolutely unplayable. At least for me. I usually play around 1600 dpi @ 5.00 sens and it works for me.

But if a player were able to take the time to break down those dpi settings, and find for example, that 1200 works for him, THEN fine tune it by trying 1210, 1220, 1230, and 1170, 1180, 1190, etc... it really allows them to hit the exact sensitivity they feel comfortable playing with. And standard mice just don't give you that option. :)

• Clan Friend

And you're absolutely right. My mouse will go up as high as 5700 dpi, and for ET, it's absolutely unplayable. At least for me. I usually play around 1600 dpi @ 5.00 sens and it works for me.

sens 5 at 1600 dpi is 5cm (or 2 inches) for a full 360 degrees turn :o pretty high sens, how can you handle that...

sens 5 at 1600 dpi is 5cm (or 2 inches) for a full 360 degrees turn :o pretty high sens, how can you handle that...

I always had problems getting shot from behind or on the side. And when I played without a gaming mouse and 5 sens, when turning I had to keep lifting the mouse up. with the higher dpi and sens I can turn faster, but it makes my aim a little unstable sometimes.

But.. not a big deal to me, I'm playing for fun, not a tournament :)