Et key and xp save

castlin

Hi guys, I'm castlin, just joined ur community.

I was advised to come here and post my problem.

So I downloaded ET (which I haden't played for over two years on my new pc). I went to etkey generator, got one, and put it in et main. (I put also in nq and in et folder in case).

Went to server, put a bunch of commands I was advised to put by one of your members (Stroebel ?), played a bit, a whole map, then went out and reconnected. Several times. Result : My xp is always resetting and Stroebel told me my etkey wasn't showing everytime I did a fresh connect. Any suggestions ?

Thanks for all

1. Ensure etkey file is present in your etmain folder.

2. Enter the following into your console: /pb_cl_enable; pb_system 1; pb_writecfg; connect nq.clan-fa.com

Profit.

If you continue to have problems (you shouldn't after doing step 1 and 2, but meh..), you need to add those things to your autoexec.cfg (also in etmain - if you dont have one, make it.)

Add into the autoexec.cfg:

pb_cl_enable "1"

pb_system "1"

pb_sleep "500"

while you are in main menu(before you join any server) enable punkbuster with this command in console: /pb_cl_enable

Should work, post result.

EDIT: woops, chuck was faster.

Will do ! Thanks

Ok ! Done ! You think this should fix it ?

Edit : Will do all this Chuckun and Joker. Thanks mates ! You're all awesome... and fast !!!!

Joker btw, you're handsome :P

Edited by castlin

Ok ! Done ! You think this should fix it ?

Edit : Will do all this Chuckun and Joker. Thanks mates ! You're all awesome... and fast !!!!

Joker btw, you're handsome :P

btw you quoted your own post :noob

Edited by Profile

Thanks to Joker and Chuchu for giving help here, Castlin was on NQ1 where this happend and we (Murdy, Schlumpf and I) tried our best to fix him up so hi finally got his XP saved. But after Castlin went through all the steps from Chuchus tutorial he finally showed a GUID on the map played when he reconnected but the second a new map came up his XP were gone and we didn't had a clue where this came from.

So maybe we're lucky now and Castlin will keep his GUID with those help offered by you guys. :)

• Like 1

看不懂英文...有沒有人會講中文的呢,教一下ETKEY怎麼取得

(Translation : he wants a new ETKEY, doesn't know how to get it and he doesn't speak english.)

转到的网站etkey.org上得到一个新的etkey

(Translation : go on the website etkey.org to get a new etkey)

• 3 weeks later...

I've been helping a friend do all that was posted via Teamviewer, but nothing seemed to work. He reinstalled et, updated to 2.6b then ran the etkey generator. Upon connecting to my server he still had no etkey. Could someone please advise me what to do, if I've missed something?

Thank you.

Edited by Jarheadurpukes

I've been helping a friend do all that was posted via Teamviewer, but nothing seemed to work. He reinstalled et, updated to 2.6b then ran the etkey generator. Upon connecting to my server he still had no etkey. Could someone please advise me what to do, if I've missed something?

Thank you.

Did you enable PB? You shoul NOT donload any PB updates anymore. Just got to play online menu hit enable PB in etmain(first mod loaded when you connect ET) and in every mod you are playing. Also run ET as administrator.