Jawshot

New computer

Question

I bought a new comp and can not connect to server. When i click to play online the server list is empty. I try to connect to 8.9.4.227:27960 i get awaiting connection 1,2 etc. The antivirus is AVG. Is there a link that will connect me to fa1 or 2 ? Any help I am much obliged for. Jaw

11 answers to this question

First make sure that AVG doesn't block ET acces to internet. Find program list somewhere 'inside' AVG, maybe in configuration or somewhere, and check that ET has acces to internet.

• Like 1

Just note if your ET is a new install the ET master server is down so even if everything is ok you wont be able to see any servers in server list when you click to play online. you need to connect via IP see our TB page to get the IP's of out servers http://et.trackbase.net/?mod=claninfo&cidx=36 I believe once you connect you will DL FA menu so you can just click the sever you want to join.

Is that the firewall?

Awrgh, ye ofc I meant the firewall, not AVG. My bad.

When I click to join the box comes up asking me if i want to join server . I click yes,but connecting circle just spins and doesn't connect. Thanks CSL and BossHK for your patience. jaw

What do you mean by the connecting circle spinning? ET has no such thing afaik.. :/

Are you using xfire or something to connect? Just open ET as normal and bring down the console with the key under Esc, and type /connect [server IP here] (ie: /connect jay1.clan-fa.com)

Chuckun

Did you downoload ETKEY from forums .Also you have to enable PB from etmain and in any mod you play, in menu->play online ENABEL PUNKBUSTER. Just enable it, should work.

1.Run ET.exe as administrator (Also if you have under Program Files you might need to give whole ET folder access\modify security to change config)

2.Download ETKEY and enable PB

3. Check windows\any firewall if ET.exe is allowed to the net and also check antivirus.

Really tired of installing, un-installing, doing this, doing that..time for the Jaw to find a different game. Thanks to all, and best of luck !! JawShot

Really tired of installing, un-installing, doing this, doing that..time for the Jaw to find a different game. Thanks to all, and best of luck !! JawShot

There's gotta be a solution, you're missin' out, man!

Have you googled invalid guid?

I found a link to a topic on Splashdamage's forum: http://www.splashdamage.com/forums/showthread.php/31434-Invalid-Guid-error