Xfire for mac users client help

Ace_Light

Alright so i know its not too important but i just wanted to help those who cant get the xfire client downloaded and working, you can use other programs, i use ifire, whoch works great has chat but you cant set a status from it or chat in-game unless you do command-tab to put the game in background. Another i found today is blackfire which im going to try when i get home, it looks real good, status', chat, better UI and all. Im sure you can find many more clients if you simply search for "xfire clients" in google. Im also pretty sure ifire and blackfire are the first two that pop up, if npt just search for them. Didnt really. Check to see if there was already a post about this but Im just trying to help out the people who cant get the actual xfire client working. Have fun gaming and i may or may not post a reply about how blackfire is, supposedly its free so thats another plus but ill have to check. Again have fun gaming everyone!

Blackfire, just downloaded it, hopefully i am golden now. thanks ACE!

In chatting, since i havent launched COD yet with blackwater i find out you still cant chat on the cod screen, hmmm

Yea my b you still cant chat in game which is a downside but the UI is much better than any xfire client ive used before, has all the features, including viewing all your chat history, sounds, supports growl(if u have growl downloaded on mac) and can even set status to whatever song itunes or any music program is playing

Another possibility is to download Adium and install the xBlaze add-on to it. iFire crashes too much for me tbh, never tried Blackfire.

I run xfire this way, it's legit but lacks a bunch of features that xfire has. Its stable though

• 2 years later...

I can't login to Blackfire, when I type in my username and password it just says connecting then times out and goes back to login screen (it doesn't say it timed out, I'm assuming it did). Any help?

(I haven't tried others yet.)