wh!rlw!nd

Lack of Administration on Silent Server

Question

Hi All,

I understand that a lot of the active members play Jay-mod/No quarter.. But there is very much a lack of administration on the Silent server (and at times its pretty bad on Hardcore, also) which you may want to address.

Team Stacking:

I have just been in the server for the last hour or so, And it has been stacked up like Burj Khalifa!! There were (And are still) some very familiar players in the server all stacked on the axis side. Then once every couple of maps when the server is about to do an auto shuffle (Which most of the time only appears to be a team swap and a couple of players) The better players went spec until it was possible to re-join the ever rampant campers that were axis.

Not much you can do when there is no one online, But when you request help from FA clan members who are in the server, And some of the white namers/Regulars and get nothing, It makes for nothing more than a fun night for the campers, and another server for the allied team.

Understandably, This may just seem like a rant from an upset teenager, however I can assure you its not. I am a mature player who has played ET on and off for 10 years. I swap teams at any sign of the stacking, as it ruins fun for everyone. Also I still play ET because its objective based and generally either defend or attack the objective at all costs (even if it means going engineer and having K/D of 2-28), If i wanted to camp in corners and glitch my way to kill streaks then I would play Black ops or MW3 on Xbox live like all the other "cool kids"

Lack of admins:

It just seems like most of the people that do play silent, Are either not active on the forums/part of the clan (I have seen people who have said they are older members who no longer belong to FA, and also a LOT of FA tagged players who are not at all active on the forums, or with the administrative rights given to them) or just want to stack up the Axis so that beginners really don't ever learn or get any better, Or worse still - End up disconnecting not to return to the server due to a bad experience.

And yes, you may be aware that I have an application in progress, That is so I can join a community and make a difference in the servers for ALL players (Not just the cool shooting nice nicknaming rambo medics who can get a kill streak), and be part of a community that I have up until now felt very welcomed by, and envious of. And the reasons it has neither +1's or -1's is not due to inactivity on either the forums or the servers by myself, But i guess due to me preferring the silent and hardcore servers over jaymod. If it has been damaged in anyway by me speaking my mind about the way the servers are ran, Then I guess some things are not to be.

Thanks For taking the time to read this.

-Wh!rlW!nd

22 answers to this question

But when I do I just play a few maps, I don't know why but rotation seems short to me...where I'm playing the same map twice ...I guess it's the map voting ?

Yes, it's all about the voting. In general you've got 7 maps that can be considered the cycle though.

People just like the stuff they're used to and many don't even get that there's a voting system or just are trolling with it.

2 Things:

- The map rotation is out of reason about why "there are few" admins on server.

- About the maps, i have to say that (i cannot confirm it but i almost sure) always vote the same players. I mean, some regulars dont even know that we have a screen votation and they have the choise to give the vote. Sometimes i say while the map ends: VOTE EVERYONE...because i know many players dont know. And always the same players are polling to vote for a specific map (as me as example because i always ask for Beerrun, if not, ask Waster :D)

Wh!rlw!nd you should totally add me on xfire because we share the same feelings about doing the objective! B) What I mean is that even if my K/D is bad, I wanna go for the win! However, I usually play on Hardcore (no Ppsh and FF is on).

I also applied for the clan :)

sounds good, man!

Many newer players who vote tend to vote for the maps they have played previously on the server. I have to agree with the 6/7/8 map "cycle" though, since the other maps not getting voted are usually not suited for smaller servers/non-jaymod/nq mods.

The only map that is really to big for silent is probably matt_b but we do have some maps that are in the last played 100 maps ago category.

time to start voting for maps that we hardly play

Wh!rlw!nd you should totally add me on xfire because we share the same feelings about doing the objective! B) What I mean is that even if my K/D is bad, I wanna go for the win! However, I usually play on Hardcore (no Ppsh and FF is on).

I also applied for the clan :)

sounds good, man!

Added you! See you in Game :)