Lack of Administration on Silent Server

wh!rlw!nd

Hi All,

I understand that a lot of the active members play Jay-mod/No quarter.. But there is very much a lack of administration on the Silent server (and at times its pretty bad on Hardcore, also) which you may want to address.

Team Stacking:

I have just been in the server for the last hour or so, And it has been stacked up like Burj Khalifa!! There were (And are still) some very familiar players in the server all stacked on the axis side. Then once every couple of maps when the server is about to do an auto shuffle (Which most of the time only appears to be a team swap and a couple of players) The better players went spec until it was possible to re-join the ever rampant campers that were axis.

Not much you can do when there is no one online, But when you request help from FA clan members who are in the server, And some of the white namers/Regulars and get nothing, It makes for nothing more than a fun night for the campers, and another server for the allied team.

Understandably, This may just seem like a rant from an upset teenager, however I can assure you its not. I am a mature player who has played ET on and off for 10 years. I swap teams at any sign of the stacking, as it ruins fun for everyone. Also I still play ET because its objective based and generally either defend or attack the objective at all costs (even if it means going engineer and having K/D of 2-28), If i wanted to camp in corners and glitch my way to kill streaks then I would play Black ops or MW3 on Xbox live like all the other "cool kids"

Lack of admins:

It just seems like most of the people that do play silent, Are either not active on the forums/part of the clan (I have seen people who have said they are older members who no longer belong to FA, and also a LOT of FA tagged players who are not at all active on the forums, or with the administrative rights given to them) or just want to stack up the Axis so that beginners really don't ever learn or get any better, Or worse still - End up disconnecting not to return to the server due to a bad experience.

And yes, you may be aware that I have an application in progress, That is so I can join a community and make a difference in the servers for ALL players (Not just the cool shooting nice nicknaming rambo medics who can get a kill streak), and be part of a community that I have up until now felt very welcomed by, and envious of. And the reasons it has neither +1's or -1's is not due to inactivity on either the forums or the servers by myself, But i guess due to me preferring the silent and hardcore servers over jaymod. If it has been damaged in anyway by me speaking my mind about the way the servers are ran, Then I guess some things are not to be.

Thanks For taking the time to read this.

-Wh!rlW!nd

I used to be alot active on Silent but recently played alot on Hardcore. I agree there is not much active admins on Silent and I will start playing more on it (even if I'm am still a trial).

feel free to add em to xfire..im not the best guy at playin ET but i dont mind popping in to deal with problems. that and i have no life so im always on xfire lol. you should also add other admin to your xfire if ya got one, and inform them if there is a problem on server.

• Like 1

I play there every time I play wolfenstein. Literally.. Sorry I haven't been able to play much lately, catching up with a lot of stuff since my last hard drive failure.

And bios, I play with you regularly there, why haven't you asked me to hook you up? :/ We can't set people unless you actually make us aware you need setting.

EDIT: Oh I see, you need your old level converted to the new one.. I can't do that anyway.

I have to say that i agree that there are not the same number of members on silent/hardcore for many reasons. But i must say that most of the time i chech both servers by xfire, both has at least 1 member online (specting or playing).

Other hand im talking with some regulars about if they at this momment dont want to join us, but they can cooperate making report of bad players to take actions (of course, se need proof).

Thanks to all for the very useful replies, and all of them were on topic! :o

I have added everyone that has responded to this thread on X-Fire, And will continue to keep you good people in the loop if anything further frustrates myself or any of the peeps on the server.

Look forward to seeing you in game for the right reasons, and Not having to seem like I am nagging people on xfire like a spoilt child who has ran to mummy and daddy because someone stole his toys!

-Wh!rlW!nd

• Like 1

Yes i have also played on their the last day or two and it gets full with a bunch in spec. (no admins at the time were on) but besides that i have no complaint of the server :D ( I as well added a bunch of you on Xfire :D)

If the server is full or ALMOST full, players in spec get kicked after 30-45 seconds unless they join. So there should be no issue of full server with AFKers (at least not for more than 30-45 seconds per-piece.

I was there yesterday long time, true is at that server needs more attention. A lot of stacking and whine at start but after some admin work it was so peace full as other servers. Surely there was a lot of whine when I started but it stopped when they see at whine has no effect B)

Masa_1964

Yes, Silent sometimes really can be bad, I encountered that too. But most of the times I'm on there I've seen at least 2 other members playing/specing so I can't say that there's a lack of admins.

Considering this report I'll be at silent more often to see if the stacking 'n stuff still goes on.

I'll be glad to help out, I regularly play at Jaymod and stop by silent/hardcore every once and a while. But when I do I just play a few maps, I don't know why but rotation seems short to me...where I'm playing the same map twice ...I guess it's the map voting ?