Bipo Problems !

BiPolar

So these past few days ive been able to play ET normally but lately ive been getting nonstop lag the literally 1fps in game so i cant play normally anymore .

This problem started about 4 days ago and its started getting annoying and ive been downloading anti's to figure it out and finally i downloaded "avast!" antivirus . It does good for me and I think ive found the problem in my computer . While i was playing normally the last game I got an internet explorer error report pop up and everytime i saw that popup it started lagging me unbelieveably so now "avast!" shows me whats blocked before it can get to my computer and lately the only thing its been blocking is the same internet explorer error . This is the error c: programs files internet explorer iexplore.exe . Is there any ways to remove this problem ? Thanks , bipo .

Well , i dont download alot of things i just downloaded a few anti's AFTER i started getting this sudden problem . And yea i have tried the /rate 45000 and /cl_maxpackets 100 but that didnt work . Am i supposed to use all of those at once or just either ones ?

Sounds like you have a virus eating up all your CPU to me.

Do a virus scan with a reputable scanner. I suggest using a trial download of Kaspersky from www.kaspersky.com - for me, this is the ONLY antivirus software that has ever worked 100% for everyone I have recommended it to. Whereas Norton, McAfee, always end up infected or not seeing something else that is infected.

Yea im pretty sure i have a virus in here , im running my computer in safe mode right now which makes my computer run alot faster but i just got in game and those commands that spongebob recommended didnt work for me . Im downloading kaspersky right now though hopeing i can get some results , preciate it guys .

Yea im pretty sure i have a virus in here , im running my computer in safe mode right now which makes my computer run alot faster but i just got in game and those commands that spongebob recommended didnt work for me . Im downloading kaspersky right now though hopeing i can get some results , preciate it guys .

Good luck! Make sure you do a full scan rather than critical areas etc.. Just to make sure you check every location it can.

Hmm , the program didnt install all the way =/ . I might just have to look in my C driver and findout whats wrong manually . Ill get on youtube too to see if anything else is good .

Preciate your feedback though

make sure you don't have multiple anti-viruses it could cause conflict. If Internet Explorer is causing this problem I would try to delete it and use Ccleaner. and have you tried windows defender ?

• 3 weeks later...

just stop all the downloading lolzzzz

Please refrain from making useless posts on people's support topics.. We've established that isn't the problem and it's something more CPU orientated. ;)

Thanks!

Chuck

i was making a joke from the gi joe thing. "im a computer stop all the downloading" geezzz

Don't get me wrong, we're all up for a laugh here but generally as a rule of thumb, on support topics / complaints and that kind of real issue, it's best to stick to serious suggestions :)

I guess we just want to keep support topics clean and as helpful as possible, hope you understand.

Chuck