Notebook not running as i hoped

XSV_SOLJA

I recently bought a Acer Aspire 7750G.

Intel i5 2430m up to 3GHz

5GB DDR3

ATI Radeon 6650m 2GB

1TB HDD

I know its not built with gaming in mind but I tried playing COD4 on it and it was terrible. Its hardware specs smoke my desktop by far but its almost unplayable on the notebook compared to my desktop with identicaly minimum graphic settings.

Am I missing something or is the notebook simply not fast enough?

ok you need to check somethings my friend:

1: usually the users of 64bits (its obvious because your ram is up 4GB) have compatibility problems: for ressolve this problem you can download a version for 64bits of COD4

2: aa notebook never will give u the graphics and the power than a desktop. :)

3: your computer is awesome i cant understand why you cant play good.

4: for a better web signal you can connect the notebook to the ethernet for take all the LAn abaivable.

5: other problem can be your SO sometimes the notebook have the W7 starter or other system bad ( i recommend ULTIMATE)

6: if the problem continue, you can give click right, properties and in compatibility options pulse in XP compatibility.

7: other problem can be the Correct drivers, but your computer is new i dont thik the true that its the problem but you can check with everest or other software that can tell u iif your drivers there are corrects (the problem in 7 sometimes is that download analog drivers not thee exactly drivers.

8: for a better game experience buy a keyboard and a mouse =P

9: if the game is sloww configure the game to the fastest configuration. you cant watch the game in the best form but will can play good.

i hope helped you my friend andy cuestion add me or send me inbox i will help you!

Edited by vazquez

• Administrators

ok you need to check somethings my friend:

1: usually the users of 64bits (its obvious because your ram is up 4GB) have compatibility problems: for ressolve this problem you can download a version for 64bits of COD4 huh?

2: aa notebook never will give u the graphics and the power than a desktop. :)there are laptops out there that are far superior to most desktops

3: your computer is awesome i cant understand why you cant play good. because he wants to be playing while sitting on his sofa

4: for a better web signal you can connect the notebook to the ethernet for take all the LAn abaivable. i don't think anyone on the forum knew that thanks for the tip

5: other problem can be your SO sometimes the notebook have the W7 starter or other system bad ( i recommend ULTIMATE) it doesn't matter which flavor of Win7 it is they can all run cod4

6: if the problem continue, you can give click right, properties and in compatibility options pulse in XP compatibility. works fine without that

7: other problem can be the Correct drivers, but your computer is new i dont thik the true that its the problem but you can check with everest or other software that can tell u iif your drivers there are corrects (the problem in 7 sometimes is that download analog drivers not thee exactly drivers. i need some of the analog drivers

8: for a better game experience buy a keyboard and a mouse =P pros use touchpads nub

9: if the game is sloww configure the game to the fastest configuration. you cant watch the game in the best form but will can play good. huh?

i hope helped you my friend andy cuestion add me or send me inbox i will help you!

My conclusion is that 2 out of 3 Mexicans should stick with picking salad.
  • Like 1

Whaha interesting list

Ah I did find something about PCI-express being on moderate power saving and changing it definately helped.

With big config tweaks COD4 mostly stays above 50 fps when looking over a part of the map.

But it could be drivers as well because I found CS:Source has problems. Certain objects appear foggy and players go almost completely gray at medium distance.

Maybe the current drivers are still an early rushed release to get the card on sale.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Found another problem. In the bios the graphics mode was set to integrated and not to switchable, its happened to me before. Everything seems fine now and drivers up to date.

Thanks again!

your welcome friend hope helped you