I live in a stupid country....

Ch11m33y aka. ChiLLy<3

when the year changed to 2012 we got a new tobaco law here in Finland, (it was very strict even before, no one under the age of 18 are allowed to carry tobacco, a lighter or even match sticks, and it was against law to have any sort of tobacco related commercials) now we have a new one. Tobacco products are not allowed to be seen in stores, wich means the stores have to "hide" the tobacco products and the customer has to ask for them, this wouldnt be so bad if u could just say for example: one pack of red marlboro, but the law states that the customer has to know what they want sp it basicaly means u have to say the exact name of the product...

this wouldnt normally bother me as i dont smoke, but it makes huge lines in the stores and u have to wait forever.

and yes i think ofc. its good that they try to get ppl to stop smoking but imo. its their own opionion and the government shouldnt interfere with that.

what are your toughts?

Cigarette-component.jpg

Edited by Ch11m33y

Tobacco is awful and have to be totally removed of all the stores (imo).

Ofc it's currently impossible, too many people are addicted and they will react too severely...and governments 'earn' a lot of money thx to tobacco <_<

Try to remove it progressively is a good idea, but they're doing it wrong.

• Like 1

• Administrators

We also have a law where tobacco products cannot be displayed in stores but that does not create any additional lines. As for a young ppl that cannot carry a lighter or matches well they can always use a stove or a toaster to light up :P

• Like 4

I don't give an rat's ass since I don't smoke, but if they're planning to do something similar to beers then i'm gonna burn the whole goddamn place. :P

ye thats true, but i dont think they can make it work, just think of the big supermarkets for example where the **** would they store all the beer if its not allowed to be on display

Wasn't the new law made regarding this video of something?

[bb]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOYV7zMoDck[/bb]

Either this is a spoof, or someone is taking their tobacco seriously.

i hope ur joking... thats a really old vid of a wierd guy...

In Canada the buyer also has to ask/know what kind of cigarettes to purchase as well, since the retailer can't keep them out in the open as far as I know,I think they are kept behind covers or under the counter; However, not being allowed to carry a lighter let alone matchsticks on you? Jeez, I think they're just trying to stop the pyromaniacs/arsonists ? lol.

Whether you enjoy smoking, hate it or just don't care about it...the fact of the matter is that it is each individuals own decision on whether to smoke or not. Passing these ridiculous nonsensical laws won't make anyone safer or better in any way; It will only piss off consumers, tobacco companies and retailers...everyone is affected.

• Like 1

Whether you enjoy smoking, hate it or just don't care about it...the fact of the matter is that it is each individuals own decision on whether to smoke or not. Passing these ridiculous nonsensical laws won't make anyone safer or better in any way; It will only piss off consumers, tobacco companies and retailers...everyone is affected.

exactly, as i said, i dont smoke but i think the ppl should be able to choose for themself, and the fact is hiding the tobacco is not gona stop smokers from buying it...