I live in a stupid country....

Ch11m33y aka. ChiLLy<3

We have this law already in OZ. You cannot see any cigarette packs or avertising anywhere. We also have graphic pictures on all our packets and they are now lobbying to have plain packages. that way there are no company logos. All will be in the smae colour packet with the grapic warnings and pictures

We also have anti smoking ads on tv. they cut up lungs of smokers, hearts etc and show you what smoking does to you

Best way to encourage people to quit smoking is to increase the cost like they seem to be doing in the USA.

As a smoker i can foresee them calling smoking suicide and lock you up for treatment.

Yes, sir. The time a free man can chose for himself definetly is over in Finland as it seems.

That's one of the most stupid laws I've ever heard of.

Best way to encourage people to quit smoking is to increase the cost like they seem to be doing in the USA.

As a smoker i can foresee them calling smoking suicide and lock you up for treatment.

It's the same over here in Germany, they're adding up the tax rate on tobacco at least once a year.

But increasing the price doesn't mean that it's easier to stop smoking. When I started smoking a pack costs you 5 DM (Deutsche Mark - replaced by Euro in 2002) and now I'm buying these things for 5 Euro. So I accepted a price increase of 100%.

2 years ago in Lithuania we had some bull**** with alcohol. The thing was that no alcohol comercials on tv untill 11pm, but as lithuanians we love basketball (and beer :D) and beer companies are sponsors of top two teams here. So adds on jerseys court comercial board with beer adds and so on. All that was visible during broadcasts and was concidered as comercial. So they banned basketball broadcast that was untill 11pm and only showed replay after 11pm. All that crap was a try to prevent some teenagers from drinking. Thang god all back to normal, but strong alcohol comercials are banned untill 11pm.