Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace 3D

erantal

Release Date: February 10, 2012 (3D theaters)

Studio: 20th Century Fox

Director: George Lucas

Screenwriter: George Lucas

Starring: Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Jake Lloyd, Ian McDiarmid, Pernilla August, Ahmed Best, Anthony Daniels, Ray Park, Kenny Baker, Frank Oz

Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi

MPAA Rating: PG (for sci-fi action/violence)

Official Website: www.starwars.com

Plot Summary: Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox have announced that the 3D theatrical launch of "Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace" has an official release date February 10, 2012! Set against the thrilling and exotic backdrop of a "galaxy far, far away," "Star Wars" is perfectly suited to the immersive 3D theatrical experience, and "Episode I" delivers some of the Saga's most stunning and spectacular sequences from the Naboo invasion to the Tatooine Podraces to the climactic lightsaber battle between Darth Maul and the Jedi. Supervised by Industrial Light & Magic, the meticulous conversion is being done with utmost respect for the source material, and with a keen eye for both technological considerations and artistic intentions.

Naboo, a peaceful planet governed by the young, elusive, but wise Queen Amidala (Portman), is being threatened by the corrupt Trade Federation, puppets of an evil Sith lord and his terrifying apprentice, Darth Maul (Park). The seemingly benevolent Senator Palpatine (McDiarmid) is chief advisor to the queen, though there are suspicions surrounding him. Jedi knights Qui-Gon Jinn (Neeson) and Obi-Wan Kenobi (McGregor) are called on to intervene in the trade disputes. Along the way, they acquire an apprentice of their own in the form of young prodigal Anakin Skywalker (Lloyd). They also encounter Jar Jar Binks (Best), a goofy, lizardlike creature who has been banished from his underwater world for his clumsiness. When the Trade Federation launches an attack on Naboo, the queen and her allies must battle hordes of robot troopers while Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan face off against the sinister Darth Maul.

Trailer:

* Im not a huge fan of starwars, but who ever loves star wars will sure love this one thats coming soon* :P :P

post-7692-0-46880800-1324220093_thumb.jpg

Edited by erantal

oh man id have to facepalm at the trailer... its so cheesy.

i saw the poster for it when i went to see sherlock holmes this weekend

i've always liked starwars (not to the extremist nerdy point tho :o )

im watching this one just to see how it turns out lol

:thumbsup

I'm not sure about 3D matter, not sure how it'll turn out, tho I'd love to get an opportunity to watch all six movies in theater again, especially since I missed to watch IV,V and VI on the big screen.