Name change script?

Strobel

Ho ho ho,

lately I tried to change my nick while ingame but I figured out that it's not possible to get more than one ^ in the console. So /name command was useless for my needs. So I went to the options menu and changed my name there but it had no effect on the server for some reason.

So I would love to know if there's a way to change the name via script, bind or something while I'm ingame. Maybe there's a way to bind 2 keys for it like pressing one key and you're going through some predefined names and hitting the other one to chose the one echoed to your screen.

As I've got no clue about how to do this stuff - IMHO I'm kinda proud I already understand how simple binds work - I need some help here.

• Clan Friend

I am not sure if I've understood correctly, you would like to put ^^ in your name?

If you want to bind it to a key you can do:

(for example with n, you can change the key)

/bind n name "yournamehere"

Well, thanks for the answers but that isn't what I actually had in mind.

I am/was using a couple of names before I came to F|A and some of those nicks aren't known to regular trolls and troublemakers.

So from time to time I would like to be on the servers undercover but when I change the nick before a mod is loaded and go online I pop out to be =F|A=Strobel again, no matter what I've entered via console or options.

So I thought about that there's gotta be some other way to change nicks no matter what mod you're playing. That's why I had the idea of having a script for it or stuff like this.

It's more understandable now?

• Clan Friend

ah, ok I don't think a script can always help in these cases, there are 2 names you should check:

in your etconfig.cfg in your etmain/profiles you have a seta name "yourname". That's etmain name, sometimes you can see it when players connect, in the message 'somename connected'. Then after the mod is loaded it changes to their real name.

Make sure it's a generic "ETplayer", if you want to stay undercover. Sometimes it gets changed, and people can see your name when you connect.

Then you have another etconfig.cfg in every mod's profiles folder. There is another seta name command, that is the name you will have after you connect with that mod.

In other words, every mod has a name, but you can still connect with +seta name something in your command line, or put a name in your autoexec. If you have a server browser where you can setup some options before connecting, you can set it there.

• Clan Friend

I don't know how you connect to the servers, if you use some server browser or not, but you can do it manually by editing those 2 names (etmain and the other mod).

If you don't use a server browser but you load etmain, then go to some server, you could save time by adding +seta name ETplayer to your et shortcut, so at least etmain name should be ok.

• Like 1

Stole this from Novice's cfg.. But obviously it's set up for my names now.. Change them. :)

set gamename1 "set nameset set name ^0=^<F^0|^<A^0=^<Chuckun; set nextname vstr gamename2; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^<F^0|^<A^0=^<Chuckun"

set gamename2 "set nameset set name ^7Argon; set nextname vstr gamename3; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^7Argon"

set gamename3 "set nameset set name ^4B^0ad^4W^0olf; set nextname vstr gamename4; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^4B^0ad^4W^0olf"

set gamename4 "set nameset set name ^8Borridge; set nextname vstr gamename5; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^8Borridge"

set gamename5 "set nameset set name ^8Selfless; set nextname vstr gamename6; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^8Selfless"

set gamename6 "set nameset set name ^4ProNoob; set nextname vstr gamename1; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^4ProNoob"

set nextname "vstr gamename1"

bind F9 "vstr nextname"

bind F10 "vstr nameset"

Pressing F9 will toggle the chosen name (and echo it on the screen) - then when you found the right name, hit F10 to change your name to that..

• Like 2

Stole this from Novice's cfg.. But obviously it's set up for my names now.. Change them. :)

set gamename1 "set nameset set name ^0=^<F^0|^<A^0=^<Chuckun; set nextname vstr gamename2; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^<F^0|^<A^0=^<Chuckun"

set gamename2 "set nameset set name ^7Argon; set nextname vstr gamename3; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^7Argon"

set gamename3 "set nameset set name ^4B^0ad^4W^0olf; set nextname vstr gamename4; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^4B^0ad^4W^0olf"

set gamename4 "set nameset set name ^8Borridge; set nextname vstr gamename5; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^8Borridge"

set gamename5 "set nameset set name ^8Selfless; set nextname vstr gamename6; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^8Selfless"

set gamename6 "set nameset set name ^4ProNoob; set nextname vstr gamename1; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^4ProNoob"

bind F9 "vstr nextname"

bind F10 "vstr nameset"

Pressing F9 will toggle the chosen name (and echo it on the screen) - then when you found the right name, hit F10 to change your name to that..

Yeah , that is what he need , :D

Useful , I will use it , just change the names.

Thx.

• Like 1

On the "^^" tangent, you can have that as a name, it's just a bit complicated. "^" takes whatever comes after it as a colour-code. So you have to do (e.g., for a pink ^^): "name ^v^^v^^v" to get around that.

The easiest way to connect "undercover", in my experience, is to open ET, load the mod you'll be playing on, change your name in the console once it's loaded, and then connect to the server.

• Like 2

On the "^^" tangent, you can have that as a name, it's just a bit complicated. "^" takes whatever comes after it as a colour-code. So you have to do (e.g., for a pink ^^): "name ^v^^v^^v" to get around that.

The easiest way to connect "undercover", in my experience, is to open ET, load the mod you'll be playing on, change your name in the console once it's loaded, and then connect to the server.

that was a very nice post Brisk bro :)

set gamename1 "set nameset set name ^0=^2F^0|^2A^0=^2*^0Mr^2DeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename2;  echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^2F^0|^2A^0=^2*^0Mr^2DeaTh"
set gamename2 "set nameset set name ^0=^3F^0|^3A^0=^3*^0Mr^3DeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename3; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^3F^0|^3A^0=^3*^0Mr^3DeaTh"
set gamename3 "set nameset set name ^0=^VF^0|^VA^0=^V*^0Mr^VDeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename4; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^vF^0|^vA^0=^v*^0Mr^vDeaTh"
set gamename4 "set nameset set name ^0=^1F^0|^1A^0=^1*^0Mr^1DeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename5; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^1F^0|^1A^0=^1*^0Mr^1DeaTh"
set gamename5 "set nameset set name ^0=^eF^0|^eA^0=^e*^0Mr^eDeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename6; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^eF^0|^eA^0=^e*^0Mr^eDeaTh"
set gamename6 "set nameset set name ^0=^5F^0|^5A^0=^5*^0Mr^5DeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename7; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^5F^0|^5A^0=^5*^0Mr^5DeaTh"
set gamename7 "set nameset set name ^0=^kF^0|^kA^0=^k*^0Mr^kDeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename8; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^kF^0|^kA^0=^k*^0Mr^kDeaTh"
set gamename8 "set nameset set name ^0=^/F^0|^/A^0=^/*^0Mr^/DeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename9; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^/F^0|^/A^0=^/*^0Mr^/DeaTh"
set gamename9 "set nameset set name ^0=^bF^0|^bA^0=^b*^0Mr^bDeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename10; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^bF^0|^bA^0=^b*^0Mr^bDeaTh"
set gamename10 "set nameset set name ^0=^HF^0|^HA^0=^H*^0Mr^HDeaTh; set nextname vstr gamename1; echo ^?#!^7 Name: ^0=^HF^0|^HA^0=^H*^0Mr^HDeaTh"
bind F9 "vstr nextname"
bind F10 "vstr nameset"

• 1 month later...

Hi to late since chuckun postet a working name changer already, all i have to add is that you can use "echo" command too, to get a message that your name has changed

and the question about how do i get this to work, copy the whole text to your autoexec or your config.

//--Nickchanger

set nuck0 "echo name ^0Name1; wait 20; set name ^0Name1; set nuck vstr nuck1"

set nuck1 "echo ^Vanille ^5Eis; wait 20; set name ^oVanille ^5Eis; set nuck vstr nuck2"

set nuck2 "echo ^0Name3; wait 20; set name ^0Name3; set nuck vstr nuck3"

set nuck3 "echo ^0e^1ll^3o; wait 20; set name ^0e^1ll^3o; set nuck vstr nuck4"

set nuck4 "echo ^0GE^1RMA^3NY; wait 20; set name ^0GE^1RMA^3NY; set nuck vstr nuck5"

set nuck5 "echo ^1S^7a^1n^7t^1a^7 ^1C^7l^1au^7s^1e; wait 20; set name ^1S^7a^1n^7t^1a^7 ^1C^7l^1au^7s^1e; set nuck vstr nuck6"

set nuck6 "echo ^2E^3a^2s^3t^2e^3r^7 ^3e^2g^3g; wait 20; set name ^2E^3a^2s^3t^2e^3r^7 ^3e^2g^3g; set nuck vstr nuck7"

set nuck7 "echo Fearless; wait 20; set name Fearless; set nuck vstr nuck0"

set nuck "vstr nuck0"

bind F7 "vstr nuck"