Any idea on how to change weapon faster?

PiNoY

Ok, for most new comers like me :) something just got into my mind.

Ive been thinking on how does the other player in front of me change their gun/weapon so quick at same time while I was changing my own weapon?

Is this a talent or a script?

Would you advise autoreload enabled or disabled?

Does current XP value affects the weapon-change speed?

I mean, how come others "seemed" to change their weapons faster than my game play does...

Would appreciate for some tips/ideas, thanks!

• Like 1

I disabled autoreload so when you shoot clip empty then you can change pistols imidiatly. I dunno is there a chance to make it faster(hope not).. I still keep this one as a standard setting. You should too.. ;)

Repi

• Clan Friend

Autoreload, like all automatic things, is bad. Your brain knows better when to reload and when not.

As regards weapon swapping, I wonder how you know that they swap faster, are you in the same room? It's an internet game, what you see is what the server sends you, some animations can seem faster but they can swap as fast as you can.

I have auto-reload off and I try to swap weapons when i have around 2-3 bullets left, or sooner when the situation allows it.

Like Sunlight says, people can't change their weapons faster, they might have a better timing when they change maybe.

all you need is to think & act as quickly as possible in case of one on one combat. i use one scroll-down or pressing "2" to change my weapon to luger in case my thompson/mp40 runs out. i also advise turning off auto reload.

When you switch weapon before it gets totally empty it seems to be quicker and its quicker and more precise(doesn´t go from mp40 to knife:P) with numbers than with mouse-scroll. Also XP till 4 stars in light weapons is maxed out affects it a bit.

@sunlight, yes we are in the same room. and we changed weapon mostly at the same time. My right click is change to secondary weapon, but I think I clicked my right-click button then immediately click on left button, so there must be a delay on it that caused the incoming gun not to shoot or show on the screen immediately.

@all, will do autoreload off.

Am grateful for all the tips. Thank yous

I think there is a delay if you are trying to shoot.

Yep I´ve noticed if you try to shoot before that delaytime is over then you have to take your finger off the LMB in order to start shooting-loosing extra time.

Use this controls (SS) , I use it

I understand what your talking about , Jay3 . you should use 60 bullet to kill , no time for reloading.

so,

I use numbers to change my gun and I also use "mouse2" for sprint , its make me move faster when I kills.

I hope controls will be useful to you.

Also, do this command in console will help you

cg_bloodFlash 0

cg_bloodDamageBlend 0

cg_bloodTime 0

cg_showblood 0

cg_muzzleflash 0

cg_hitsounds 1

cg_fov 90

cg_drawcrosshair 5

cg_crosshairsize 40

cg_crosshairAlpha 1.0

cg_crosshairAlphaAlt 1.200000

com_soundMegs 32

com_zoneMegs 128

com_hunkMegs 256

Thx.

post-5955-0-33967400-1323726014_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I use numbers to change my gun and I also use "mouse2" for sprint , its make me move faster when I kills.

If u want to move faster in a 1v1 without pressing shift.

Use this. Than u sprint always when u shoot/pressing Mouse1

Bind mouse1 "+vstr min mout"
set min "+sprint; +attack"
set mout "-sprint; -sprint; -attack; -attack"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ferkel, ive got that already taken, my script allows me to sprint while shooting at the same time when presseing mouse1.

thanks anyway and have a nice merry christmas!

Deffo Turning off auto reload.

Are you an WSAD player or An arrows key player? If WSAD, Just try and get into the habit of quickly moving your middle finger up a key! Sounds simple but its very very effective! B)