Comics

RetroLeaves

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this topic, but an admin can move it if need be.

Are there any comic fans in F|A?

I'm reading both Marvel and DC Comics, and really like Captain America, Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Iron Man, Ultimate Iron Man, Batman, Batgirl, Deadpool, Green Lantern, et cetera.

I've also read a lot of Star Wars comics from Dark Horse. Any Star Wars comic fans here, too?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I like Marvel, and some DC. Mainly Batman from the DC side. I have all the editions (including the Platinum) of Spiderman #1 back from when Todd McFarlane started doing them. I also have all 5 issues of the X-Men #1 reboot. And about 8 Spawn #1s lol.

I also collected Dark Horse comics. Mainly the Predator, Alien, and Alien vs Predator ones. Have a few Terminator comics from DH also.

Also have the entire collection of the Marvel Universe 1 and 2 trading cards, with all the Holograms. Have the complete set of the X-Men cards with the gold holograms when they came out also.

Yeah, I used to be a geek :yahoo

• 1 month later...

I read comics, I like Batman Detective Comics, Kick-Ass, Darkness, read one issue of Haunt, got the hardback Arkham Reborn, Death of Superman which I think is a reprint of 1998, I can't remember the year but it's a reprint. Got a few Justice League's, really like the Astonishing X-Men, and Sipergirl. And I have 2 Batman Black and White figurines, the Penguin which is limited to only 3500 copies, I got number 1145. And also I got Batman limited number 4987 out of 5000 which was really close to the last one xD Yes, I payed a lot, but I like that stuff :)

Which Batman stuff is the best, cause Im not much of a Batman-fan, but I'd like to read some good stuff. I'm more of a Marvel guy, my favourites are Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, and those big multiserial events like Civil War, where all the characters co-exist in the same books.

• 1 year later...

Not a huge fan myself though I read a lot of humor ones (Calvin & Hobbes, Farside, Bloom County and other ones that make me sound old). I have to admit I'm a little curious about the Star Wars "original script" comic though.