Rexinator

ET on Windows 7

Question

Hi guys, its been a while since I've posted but that's besides the topic. Anyways I just recently got a new Sony Vaio laptop with Windows 7 and was thinking about loading ET on to it but wanted to check in here 1st to see what kinda feedback I can get. In doing some google searching on the topic I noticed some ppl were having PB issues with it running on Win 7 and the fact that Wolf is not designed for it as well but I know there's gotta be some ways around it or tweaks that I must do in order to get it to run properly. This is where you guys come in and tell me how you've gotten yours to work and how you did it.

Any and all feedback is always appreciated.

17 answers to this question

Don't do it. I don't know if this is a common thing but Windows 7 Ultimate turned my relatives Alienware M17X with 8GB Ram / quad core, raided for performance on 2 Seagate Momentus 7200RPM discs into a sluggish P.O.S slower than my 3GB ram i5 (no raid) Dell XPS 15.. Reverting back to Home Premium solved it.

I tried, Windows 7 Ultimate lived for 3 minutes with my laptop, DID NOT detected my PS2 mouse and NVidia video.

Went back to Windows 7 Home, the default factory OS then installed latest Ubuntu :P

Thanks!