It's official now - we are a police state

PHANTASM

**comment removed**

Seriously though guys watch what you say over the internet, your cell phones, your emails, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is being monitered...Facebook, Twitter etc...

It didn't surprise me 1 bit when the news broke about IQ air.

I feel as if there is a Appocalypse type of scenario about to happen in 1-2 years

the world is taking a shift for the worst and its about to get even more bad...WW3, Debt Crisis all over the world, Occup Wallstreet, resources are being used up...

Becareful and prep yourselfs

• Administrators

God bless the interwebz it bring all the crazies out, I have been reading this type of talk for past 25 years and only thing that has changed is the medium on which it is presented. So I propose that we cut the following regions/countries and push them into space. Unites States, Middle east, Asia and a part of Europe (that would cover Russia and few of those weird istan countries around it. There I present you world peace.

THE END

• Administrators

think I'm going to put this on for now:

80431042.jpg

Maybe those guys were right and does it help :s

Love the cats "This guy is nuts get me out of here" look. Reminds me of Phantasm (that was a joke Phantasm no need to offer money for my address and #) :P

Islam and muslims are responsible for the majority of terrorism in the world today. Listen to the Mullahs preach that its ok to kill women and children for Jihad. Our world is in some serious shite and we all have to wake up and smell the coffee.

You cant just point the finger base on religion just because they are muslim, there are innocent muslims out there, im a catholic/ muslim does that make me a terrorist because i have the the Title "Muslim" above my head? and even though im not even religious. So is everyone going to judge me? and point the finger and say its my fault? f*** that the world is already corupted as it is, iv seen innocents muslims on the street in Australia that have been treated badly from throwing watersbottles on them and rocks too but the worst thing is that the ones that are punished are the women and kids and they surely dont deserve that

Yes, you may be detained by the military if you are suspected of terrorism, however I feel with the current state of international terror this isn't too extreme. You would not be held without extreme confidence, as it would be a terrible PR nightmare if somebody is unfairly held. It is a matter of national security, which our country has done an excellent job doing since the 9/11 attacks.

Not a single plane has been hijacked since TSA was formed, and every attempt of terrorist activity on our homeland has been thwarted by US intelligence and standard operating procedures.

You should thank your government. I feel safe, and while I don't agree with every gov't decision, I am proud to be a citizen of a country where the government has taken such steps to secure my safety.

I feel I have to put my 2 cents in on this. I work for the government and very closely with DHS. The powers of DHS have been hobbled under the appointment of Nepolitano and there is no way, even if this bill passes, that any citizen can be held without due process. Even when considered an enemy combatant, a judge would have to issue an order to have you detained indefinitely. By law, law enforcement has 72 hours to charge you with a crime upon arrest or involuntary detainment. The bill does not in any way override the rights of citizens, but will make it easier to hold foreign suspects during ongoing investigations. Should any politician choose to remove the rights a US citizen, they would be slicing their political throat. The Huffington post article did a fine job of misrepresenting the facts and playing upon the panic inducing sensationalism of the situation. The ACLU tends to get up in arms over stories such as this. The author is a known ACLU operative. The ACLU states their entire mission is to defend the bill of rights, yet never once in their entire history have they come to the defense of the second or tenth amendments. In addition, they have repetedly attempted to get legislation restricting dissenting political speech as inflamatory or hate speech. When looking at these stories, do your homework and never take information at first glance. Considering the source and finding out the actual script in such bills will prove invaluable to you and your understanding of what is really happening. Most media outlets are bought and paid for by a political intrest group, both left and right. Use the news to find out what you want to learn more about, but believing everything at face value will only serve to cloud the truth of a situation.

But... you are innocent until proven otherwise, right? This Act sounds like that statement has lost its value. In the Netherlands we had something familiar, with preventive stripsearching people in 'potentially dangerous urban areas'. In reality the only people who got preventively searched were Morrocan and Turkish immigrants.

So, I think that laws like these prevent a basis for cops and governmental institutions for some sort of randomisation in the question who is potentially dangerous/guilty/terrorist. Only, this will in most cases and without good reason, point to Muslims,

Acts like these only bring us further away from how we see our ideal world, and that's exactly what 'the terrorists' want. Maybe we should stop paying attention to acts of terror, they only thrive on our media-attention. No attention, no fear, no terror. Theoretically, that would work :P

• 2 weeks later...