ET Addiction

Frated1

Hey guys,

So lately I've been extremely addicted to ET. Not a bad thing overall, but it's getting in the way of my real life.

I'm not going to stop playing W:ET, far from it. But for example, today, I was going to finish an essay. But I didn't work on it at all, because I was distracted.

And its not so much W:ET as forums. So would it be possible to prevent me from going on forums for a day? That way, I'll get work done.

Thanks.

• Administrators

No, just get it in control :P When u have urge to play ET just watch movie lol.. That's what I did in my old times :) But i can watch movie and work together :P

• Like 1

I know exactly what you mean, it has gotten in the way of my schoolwork as welll. To fix this I now take the trip to my school library every time I need to work on an essay or get work done, and my concentration and quality of work goes up!

I know exactly what you mean, it has gotten in the way of my schoolwork as welll. To fix this I now take the trip to my school library every time I need to work on an essay or get work done, and my concentration and quality of work goes up!

That's a good idea, but I can't exactly ask my parents to drive me 30 minutes to the library every time I need to work on homework. That's like, every hour then.

I am aware gaming/forums can be a genuine problem like drugs' alcohol, and gambling but the fact that you are Fourteen and posting this here instead of discussing it with your parents ( whom I believe should be monitoring your use of a pc ) I think the healthiest choice for you is to uninstall the game and go on hiatus from forums, unlike others who claim they will never play again, quit F|A and turn up the very next week or sometime down the track. Let everyone know you will be inactive indefinitely ( If this is acceptable to Admin ) and concentrate on the more important things like your education. This issue to me is a clear example of why I must vent my frustration at the leniency of Administrators. I am tired of hearing the comment " He is mature for his age " This is a crock.You are a great person Frat and alot of fun to play with but the fact remains you are a child, and older, wiser Adults should know better!. It is not in my power to determine eligibility to become a member but this should be a wake up call to those who make these very big decisions. Personally I believe you should not be dealing with this problem and therefore I would call upon those who are in a position to fix it take action and you know who you are. I wish you all the best whatever you do Frat.

Sincerely

Marc Hummel.

• Like 2

I know what you mean by how ET distracts you, I've been in that situation 2 years ago for school. I would come home from school, turn on the computer and play ET for about 2/3 hours, have my dinner, play more ET and do my homework around 10pm at night, sometimes not finishing until 1/2am with school the next morning. This was already said but I think the best option overall is to uninstall ET for the meanwhile, otherwise you will not get any work done. Remember, you can have all the time you want playing games once you finish school, but you must not forget that school is the most important thing of all. I've been in the situations like this so my advice would be to:

• Uninstall ET, xfire, TeamSpeak, Vent and any other games that may distract you
  • Use the computer, but at the same time don't spend 10 hours at it searching YouTube videos or whatnot
  • If you have a spare room in your house that is unused, then use that as a place where you can study/do homework - always take breaks remember ;) (if not then go to a relatives house and study there or else go to the library)
  • At the weekend spoil yourself with a few hours of ET as a reward

Always remember that real life comes first ahead of any game. School is the most important thing in your life now so make sure you're not failing a class because you didn't spend enough time doing homework and instead you were playing ET ;)

Hope this helps, if you need someone to talk to, just send me a PM :)

• Like 2