Sign in to follow this  
Fred Vella

game version

Question

Hi.. im new in the forum.. first of all.. thank you for accepting me.. =) .. i have a little problem.. i've been trying to play in =F|A= servers but it says my version isnt the same as the server's .. so im asking.. what version do i have to install..? and if anyone can give me a link or something i'd really appreciate it.. xD .. Thank you very much..

Fred

7 answers to this question

Their are four servers running 2.55 and one ETPro running 2.6b. Their is a prgoram/whatever somewhere in the Anouncements section (I think) which you can download and it will allow you to connect to all servers with a single installation.

On F|A #2 and new F|A ETPUB u can play from any version.

For F|A 1 and F|A Hardcore u need 2.55 and for F|A NQ , F|A #3 and ETPRO you need 2.6b.

Hi again.. i downloaded it and installed it.. but i cant play.. :S i open the ET starter pro and select a server and then i hit the "patch+start" button and it says

"Could not copy patch files to your directory! Make sure that files are not write protected or in use. Also make sure that the directory "VersionData" exists in the ET Starter Pro directory" .. i dont know what to do.. =S .. if anyone can help me i'd really appreciate it.. :)

Fred

Hi again.. i downloaded it and installed it.. but i cant play.. :S i open the ET starter pro and select a server and then i hit the "patch+start" button and it says

"Could not copy patch files to your directory! Make sure that files are not write protected or in use. Also make sure that the directory "VersionData" exists in the ET Starter Pro directory" .. i dont know what to do.. =S .. if anyone can help me i'd really appreciate it.. :)

Fred

weird error, ok un-install ET starter pro and re install it (download from here )

then start et starter pro again but at this time you will need to show ET.exe path manually