How many has some genetic or serious disease?

Proffa

I start topic because i would love to know you all better.

So i have diabetes. It was discovered 3 years ago. Since then i have to put insulin everyday. Long-acting in morning and short-acting when ever i eat or drink something with carbohydrates.

I personally am clean but my older brother has Colitis and End Stage Renal Failure (Kidney Failure) which was caused from his Colitis medicine when he was 16-17 (1 in a million)

I help him whenever he needs it (move his bags of fluid ect) I'm so glad we live in this day and age where he can be at home and do dialysis instead of the hosptial.

topic about diseases in ET discussion? :unsure:

Considering his 13 posts, he's new to the forum so it's not a huge deal, it'll be moved probably.

Anyway, I have ADD and Autism. I was lately diagnosed, because of doctor's incompetence.

Oh Chuckies.. You crack me up. They claim I have Borderline Personality Disorder but haven't officially been diagnosed. However I for sure have Medullary Sponge Kidney (a genetic disease that causes my kidneys to be deformed and shaped like a sponge with lots of holes causing me to make and pass kidney stones on a regular basis)

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Part of mass casualty incidents. Was 8 years before I could even talk about the shit. Still wake up in cold sweats after reliving those moments in my nightmares.

I'm not big on the current treatments for mental disorders here in the US. Treatment is done by throwing drugs in the person and not trying to fix what is actually causing the problem. Almost got kicked out of nursing school because of this opinion.

One of my sayings.... "Pay attention. That person you think is just being an ass might be one step away from going postal".

Immediate family has no genetic or serious diseases guess we've lucky. My nephew has autism and brother in law with viltiligo but that's all on both ends. Don't even have diabetes on either side my grandfather lived to 89 and had a normal diet and smoked daily. Good genes I guess.

Edited by Amber L. Winchell