Website Enemy Territory ETKEY field re activated

daredevil

• Administrators

I have again re activated etkey field in your user profile but now only you and moderators on forum can see it. And off course it's again required for application because based on that we will be giving admin level.

The only users who can see your GUID on forums are you and moderators and they can see it anyways using !finger. So it's no point in hiding from them and more or less it also helps against fakers.

If any of you have better solution then feel free to suggest.

Thanks

• Like 5

If it's possible, Maybe have the GUID option password protected?

example if an admin tell you to put your guid in your profile for admin level, you have to re-enter your account password to change it, and have an option like "Forgot my password?" then have password sent to your email. in case some people forget, I think this prevents ultimate spoofing, cause not even people who live in your house or people visiting you can see your guid, even when webpage is open, Same rules should apply for account sharing, you cannot give the pw to your guid out.

• Like 1

• Administrators

If it's possible, Maybe have the GUID option password protected?

example if an admin tell you to put your guid in your profile for admin level, you have to re-enter your account password to change it, and have an option like "Forgot my password?" then have password sent to your email. in case some people forget, I think this prevents ultimate spoofing, cause not even people who live in your house or people visiting you can see your guid, even when webpage is open, Same rules should apply for account sharing, you cannot give the pw to your guid out.

Can't make it password protected or I would go for it.