Need some assistance please

w0nder

Hey guys and gals.

I am new to FA, and wanted to take advantage of the BF2 servers aswell.. I have played the demo several times in the past and liked it.. I am not good at it, but it is fun and thats all that matters.

So anyway, after finding out the other game servers FA has to offer, I went and bought BF2. I went to install it, and it failed.

Here is what went down.

*inserted disk

*screen pops up that says BF2 yada yada

*selected install option from menu screen

*it has a screen pop up that says loading install wizard then bam, its done..

I wait for a bit thinking my old PC is just too slow, but no.. I am not a complete noob, so I figured it was old files on my PC from BF2 that were blocking the install.. So, thinking that was the issue, I went in to the add delete programs and deleted BF2, but to my dismay it did not delete it.. It processed it like it was then same crap.. Just stops. BF2 stuff still there.. So I hit the start menu, hit run and typed "regedit" and went in there and deleted all the EA folders, and everything BF2 related... Went back to add remove programs and the damn thing is still there... Now if this is why it is not installing then I need help getting the old BF2 off.. I assume my PC can run the game as I have ran the demo in the past..

I would really like to get in to this game too, and maybe get good at it, but until I can figure out what the hell is going on I am at a stand still.

Thanks!

old pc that mean Windows xp !!!

hum i can help you but i need to install it first on my netbook cos have xp on it then i can see which files and folders to delete after that i can create little cmd file to clean all. LOL right im sleepy while writing but if no one can help you and you didnt find any solution i'll try later to do what i said.

I use logmein as a remote desktop.. Or I can download whatever.

I have changed the video files in notepad to my video settings and monitor refresh.. I have cleaned out every BF2 file in my regedit.. I have no clue what to do now.

I did however get the game to install. Now what happens is I hit the BF2 icon, it goes to a BF2 screen then back to desktop, then it goes all black for a few seconds like its going to load it, then back to desktop and thats it.. No error, no nothing.. I have checked the specs for running it, and my system looks to be sufficient enough to run the game.

Add me on xfire if you already have not and you can log in and fix it if you think you can.

Xfire= WGFTW

logmein! FTW thanks Hell for all the time spent on my computer. :P good luck w0nder, I hope to see you soon on the server. Im going to run you over in my tank! :twisted:

logmein! FTW thanks Hell for all the time spent on my computer. :P good luck w0nder, I hope to see you soon on the server. Im going to run you over in my tank! :twisted:

Nuh uh.. I will be in my helicopter, shooting your precious tank. You can run over someone elses party.

:P

Wonder check this link it may be of some help.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/241246.page

Thank you, but I did try that, and nothing. I have tried everything that I have found via google, yahoo, forums, etc.. I kind of gave up for now, and I am about to install this other one, "Battlefield 1942"... I know it will run on my PC, and I used to be ok at it way back when. I really did want to try to handle those faster jets though.. :(

Anyone here play BF1942? I know some of you used to. You should dig it out of the closet and install it and play it with me!

LOL no no no not 1942 that wont due... we need to get you guys on our new BF2 server! bare with me wonder we will find out how to fix this for you. can you tell me what video card you run? Also try this http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest its perfectly safe site and will give you definite answers as to weather or not you system will support certin games. Let me know

LOL no no no not 1942 that wont due... we need to get you guys on our new BF2 server! bare with me wonder we will find out how to fix this for you. can you tell me what video card you run? Also try this http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest its perfectly safe site and will give you definite answers as to weather or not you system will support certin games. Let me know

Thank you!! I went to that site, and guess what... I FAILED.. On vid card.. Everything else was fine..

fjsdklsdjlkghsdfjkghdkfg damn

Yeah u onboard video card can't handle it :P just replace mobo and add card.. should be all in 150$ :P

Found a good one with help for 69, or maybe it was 89.. Regardless, gotta order that up, should be BF2 ready in a couple weeks or however long to ship..

TY all for your help