Former Libyan Leader Gadhafi Killed in Sirte

DJ aka GDR DJ

Forgot to say this earlier, but is there something wrong with newspaper editors? They didn't post Michael Jackson's dead body on the front of the papers or Bin Ladens or Saddam's once they were killed, so why did they decide to do this with Gadhafi? I mean think about the amounts of children that have seen that picture today.. sickening!

Here is the link to the front of the newspaper http://twitpic.com/738xd1 (WARNING: disgusting pic :/)

Probably to justify the spending of the involvement in libya. As for Sadam.. Do you really think he's dead? Don't answer here, dont wanna hijack. Just a bit odd that such a wanted man wouldn't be PROVEN to be killed. lol

• Like 1

Probably to justify the spending of the involvement in libya. As for Sadam.. Do you really think he's dead? Don't answer here, dont wanna hijack. Just a bit odd that such a wanted man wouldn't be PROVEN to be killed. lol

And Bin Laden. Not even proof of his capture.

I dont have any sympathy for Gadhafi, actually its good he is dead.

Isnt the video of his death enought to proof it. video of his hangings can be found atleast from liveleak.

I remember when Reagan bombed Libya in the mid 80s. Bombed his house and killed one of his kids. Attempted political assassination by airplane. And that was a provoked incident, like the Gulf of Tonkin incident (Johnson's fake attack that let him invade Vietnam). Reagan parked an aircraft carrier off the Libyan coast, to get him to attack it so he could bomb Tripoli. This was before Lockerbie, which was a punishment (in Qaddafi's mind) for Reagan attacking his family.

Qaddafi was trying to get off the naughty list for the last five years, he even gave up his flailing WMD program (which was a waste of time anyway) and let the inspectors in. So now every third world wannabe dictator is wondering why they should comply with the US, and give up their weapon programs, if they are going to just get attacked anyway. The Libyan rebels never would have won without US/NATO air support.

Then there is oil of course, the real issue. What currency will the National Transition Council price their oil in? The French want it in Euros, to help increase global demand for their collapsing currency. The US wants it in dollars, to help maintain the current dollar hegemony of the world's oil supply. This is one reason why the US has offered aid to the NTC, to encourage them to stay "on our side" and not price the oil in Euros. It could go either way right now.

This is the real drama right now. If more oil-producing countries switch away from the dollar, then we won't be able to continue to print dollars infinitely since there will be less global demand for dollars to buy oil.

As far as Obama is concerned, congratulations on taking out another bad guy. Glad we get to see pictures this time lol. I'm still not convinced about Osama.

Assad - you're next.

Obama - excellent foreign policy, horrible economic policy.

I just hope that his death means that we will not have to deploy to Libya. I know there was talk about moving troops that way, but it was never set through. We will see when time comes and find out if it will settle down or not.

I dont have any sympathy for Gadhafi, actually its good he is dead.

Isnt the video of his death enought to proof it. video of his hangings can be found atleast from liveleak.

Sorry, my error - I meant Bin Laden :P xD