Website Enemy Territory - New Admin Level Structure

daredevil

Nice re-work. It's just that I thought I also had Gold VIP inside the game.

level = 6

name = GOLD VIP Player [Admin VI]

Available commands = ||cancelvote ||listplayers ||resetmyxp

Nice, like the new system.

• Administrators

Why should it encourage people to buy more packages? they should donate cause they wanna help not for admin

*EDIT* Unless you were joking, then forget my post, but seriously

Forums = Paid commercial forums. We don't run free forums like 80% clan do. Forum cost is much higher then people had thought here.

Forum = Commercial product.

Gallery = Commercial Product.

Blog = Commercial Product.

Download = Commercial Product.

Tutorials = Commercial Product.

I can go on and above doesn’t include hosting. Hosting of forums itself cost me 30-40$/month + sometimes we hire sys admin when something goes wrong with server and when we are not able to fix it.

More or less, we run more then 8 ET servers, COD4, CSS, Team Fortress, etc and we will be adding Red Orchestra 2, COD MW3, etc. Jay2 server which you are playing on regular basis, in itself cost me whooping 170$/month + 2000$ Windows 2008 R2 OS.

At the end of the day, VIP package/admin is the way of showing my gratitude towards donors for their donations and helping clan. Off course, they are donating for helping but since a while I felt I was not able to give something special which they deserve for their help so in new admin system, I resolved the issue.

This post is not aimed you but it’s more like general post for everyone understanding.

For lvl 0 (thats me ) woold be great to have listplayers to check now that pb is off . And i dont see what harm it coold do if we also coold check on cheaters now pb is off ?

Old level 0 didn’t have listplayers and new one will not have either. I don’t see any single point to give !listplayer command to level 0.

The new admin system seems to have some organization now. Lvls 1-10 = non member / regulars lvl 11-21 = members.

My only suggestion would be to have the clan friend same as it was before. I dont see why it would be better to add the commands to their guid if you trust them enough to give them the lvl. Other than that the other lvls can be tuned with time.

!ban command will be GUID based on clan friend. We merged 2 separate clan friend level i.e. level 5 and 10 to one and extra commands will be GUID based. There was no point to keep 2 levels for less then 10 clan friends.

My sole purpose of new admin system was to separate few things:

1. Who is regular on server?

2. Who is regular on server and forum?

3. Who is regular on server, forum and vent?

4. Who is helping others on server and forum?

5. Who is donating to help pay server bills.

6. Who is helping in recruiting?

7. Who is helping in organizing events?

8. Who has more admin and in game knowledge?

9. Who comes with best suggestions?

10. Who post some worthy content on forums rather then BS spam.

11. Who helps on server by balancing teams, helping newbies, etc.

etc etc etc…

Now, I can easily differentiate who is helping at what level and give their level accordingly.

• Like 1

Well,imo this system is better then previous one,just don't understand event organizer(there will be some events for us?)

at start it will be difficult to remember it but later everybody will get used to it,

Anyways,nice job :)

ConQ

This weekend for example we have our next Game Night (see http://fearless-assassins.com/calendar/event/42-fa-game-night-round-2-wet/). During this time people that organize this event will be set level 13 to be able to activate some various modes like panzerwars and so on.

• Administrators

lol lv 17 have no !pants no !seen no !resetxp no !slap no !news not good

Report it on tracker and it will be fixed.

!news is not useful command to regulate server in any shape or forum and will not be given to level 17. !slap and !pants will be added. Report it on tracker.

I clearly had mentioned in my first post of topic: It might need some fine tuning on admin commands/level considering I might have missed couple of things.

• Administrators

No me gusta... if it aint broke, why fix it?

Had a hacker on tonight and couldn't do jack shit about it.

Counter argument:

In my world, we call that argument used by lazy human beings. We are not fixing it; we are changing to suit our new needs.

Why you think Google adds new feature to there website even if it’s working fine? Those who adapt with time and add new things, they survive. “Iron rusts from disuse, stagnant water loses its purity, and in cold weather becomes frozen, even so does inaction sap the vigors of the mind.”

More or less even with your level 11 (old one) in new system you could have done:

!put abuse on cheater.

!kick cheater.

!finger him and report it on forums for offline ban.

I don’t see any report from you in trouble some player, suspected cheater or ban player section. I am not complaining but just saying… that “I couldn’t do jack shit” is purely mythological or lazy way to say what you could have done and you didn’t.

• Like 1

Were they able to unban before the change?

No. Staff couldn't setlevel before, I believe this is why he is asking ;)

@Scream - correct :) Also because Dare told me a while back staff should have unban (I think because I had unban somewhere like hardcore and not elsewhere) and that he'd sort it but I guess he was too busy and forgot :P

1. nice Work, new system looks good. :thanks

2. off Topic

Nice re-work. It's just that I thought I also had Gold VIP inside the game.

Gold - VIP Membership

... You will be given level 2 admin on our all servers. ...

I have setted your lvl (2 old system) on jay 3 few days before.

But you didnt talk to me as i wanted to explain you, that you can use " !help " in console to see your aviable commands.

More or less even with your level 11 (old one) in new system you could have done:

!put abuse on cheater.

!kick cheater.

!finger him and report it on forums for offline ban.

I don’t see any report from you in trouble some player, suspected cheater or ban player section. I am not complaining but just saying… that “I couldn’t do jack shit” is purely mythological or lazy way to say what you could have done and you didn’t.

Player was kicked by senior admin before I was able to gather !fing info on him. And I do not posess any cmds that would be constituted as abuse. Sry, I was just frustrated that this one got away and I couldn't do anything about it.