brynne

computer screen!  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use two computer screen?

• yes!
    • no!
    • more then two!
    • i use two pc!

Depends, I have two rigged up (explains all my lag LOL :))

When I'm working Xtreme, I keep one Word doc on one screen and my sources on the other. HELPS A LOT!

But when I'm messing around, then I keep one tab for music or keeping an eye on Xfire or emails or w/e.

But presumably if you don't mind the extra wires and electric spending, then help yourself to a new screen!!

I will never go back to 1 monitor.

19" monitor: Forums, XFire, Xfire messages, And all general internet use like google translate, etc..

23" monitor: ET :)

To add a 2nd monitor, you'll need a dual output video card.

I'm currently using Display Fusion to have 2 seperate taskbars, and gives me the ability to have 2 different backgrounds, or 1 background.. but I prefer a simple black desktop :)

I have had the two screens on one computer and I liked that ok but I have found that I prefer 2 screens, 2 computers

one for research and the other for photoshop or whatever. I have the big crt tv that I can't seem to give away that I use

for over the air tv and to play old movie files on(ofc its connected to a computer as well). Note the laptop on the desk,

I seem to have issues with my computer needs.

*note the blue ethernet cable going across the desk.. that is going to another computer I am fixing for someone.

In addition there is another p4 computer in the dining room and another p4 in a bedroom.

This pic is my little corner... forgive the mess

JWsCorner.gif

• Like 2

Dual display:

dualmonitor.jpg

The taskbar looks uneven because of the differences in resolution between my 19" and my 23".

My left monitor, the 19" is actually a little lower than my main 23". I use my 19" for all secondary work. Such as forums while playing, Or internet while watching movies, It works great while just surfing the web also.

I always compare products when shopping online, so for example just yesterday I was shopping for a new snowblower. On one monitor I have specs from one manufacturer, and on the other monitor, specs from another manufacturer. Instead of using tabs to click back and forth, I have everything in front of me.

You will NEVER want one monitor again once you've had two. I plan to upgrade to 3 in the future :)

• Like 1

Dual display:

The taskbar looks uneven because of the differences in resolution between my 19" and my 23".

I don't even have a 'taskbar' on my second screen ^^

I don't even have a 'taskbar' on my second screen ^^

I don't think windows supports dual taskbars.. At least I never found the option for it.

I use a program called Display Fusion. But I'm sure there are others...

The only options I use from this program are dual taskbars, and window snapping.

The taskbars show a listing of what programs/windows I have on each monitor, instead of everything on one taskbar.

The window snapping adds a button to the top of my windows, in the picture you can see it at the top of my ET, and at the top of my forums, when you push this button it automatically sends the window to the other monitor, instead of having to drag everything manually..

• Like 1

I don't think windows supports dual taskbars.. At least I never found the option for it.

I use a program called Display Fusion. But I'm sure there are others...

The only options I use from this program are dual taskbars, and window snapping.

The taskbars show a listing of what programs/windows I have on each monitor, instead of everything on one taskbar.

The window snapping adds a button to the top of my windows, in the picture you can see it at the top of my ET, and at the top of my forums, when you push this button it automatically sends the window to the other monitor, instead of having to drag everything manually..

mmm... that window snapping option sounds interesting (the extra taskbar not as much, because I don't really use the taskbar, more stuff like alt+tab)

At one point in time I splurged a little and rigged a 29" flanked by two 19" monitors. I LOVE it, and will NEVER go back to 1 monitor. I do notice however I find myself using 2 monitors 75% of the time and all 3 25% of the time. Eventually I will change my set-up to just 2 large monitors, 24-28" would be preferred. 2 monitors is great, music on one, webpage on another, with something else on the other. I find myself using all 3 the most when I'm editing video. Great for papers or anything school related. Research on one, paper on the other, and to keep myself from being too productive, forums or facebook on the center.