ET Server Enemy Territory - EB Support Seems Dropped

daredevil

You don't really need a ETkey to connect to every ET server, you can connect without ETkey to any server

that doesn't have PB enabled.

So or you have PB disabled in your server, or "noob" players cant connect because of their ETkey missing.

You can still create your own ETkey, the problem is for those who install ET for first time and enable PB to connect to servers.

• Administrators

We will add something in silent mod :)

For other admins we already have added subnet feature in silent mod.

• Like 2

Can you make something to generated some kind of replacement code for etkeys (which mods see as etkeys for adminlvl)

something that looks like etkey (32 characters I thought) so that you can set the new admin without etkey their admin lvl

I dunno if this possible:

randomly choosing 32 characters , putting it in a file called etkey and joining a server?

Or do you need the right algorithm (want to try it but I affraid for getting banned, even when pb is disabled)

I you just can generate 'etkeys' yourself it wouldn't be hard to write a little programme that does just that (even I can do something like that ^^)

This wouldn't be a solution for hackers but I think it would be a solution for setting new admins without guid their lvl (just give them a 'etkey')

Can you make something to generated some kind of replacement code for etkeys (which mods see as etkeys for adminlvl)

something that looks like etkey (32 characters I thought) so that you can set the new admin without etkey their admin lvl

I dunno if this possible:

randomly choosing 32 characters , putting it in a file called etkey and joining a server?

Or do you need the right algorithm (want to try it but I affraid for getting banned, even when pb is disabled)

I you just can generate 'etkeys' yourself it wouldn't be hard to write a little programme that does just that (even I can do something like that ^^)

This wouldn't be a solution for hackers but I think it would be a solution for setting new admins without guid their lvl (just give them a 'etkey')

etkey file is encrypted :) the algo was figured out a while back and thus an exe was made to introduce GUID spoofing..

etkey file is encrypted :) the algo was figured out a while back and thus an exe was made to introduce GUID spoofing..

mmm... just what I thought but just hoping :'(

For now what I'm doing in my server is,

Zip the PB folder so everyone can put it in their ET folder,

Edit the ETkey file with notepad and change some of the 28 first numbers,

Then send the edited ETkey to whom needs it, then they put it in their ETmain so they have a unique GUID.

• Like 3

Then send the edited ETkey to whom needs it, then they put it in their ETmain so they have a unique GUID.

Good thinking! I forgot it was only the last 8 that were encrypted..

But if no one can get a ETkey anymore when they lose it ?

How we gona fix that ?

Regards,

Q'AlCapOne.

You could just regenerate the et guid, and use it. Since the pb doesn't affect the guid, you can still log in and play, and your XP will be saved on that new guid you made.

• Clan Friend

Yes, but don't touch the first 10 characters, your guid is calculated only from the 18 that come after (not 1-28, but 11-28 is what counts), but I say: what about all that junk that comes after the first part, isn't that a sort of checksum?

Wouldn't it be an 'invalid' one? I guess it could be a last resort for those without guid, as for me I will keep my original and valid guid safe...

I can't assure you that the GUID will be valid in PB enabled server has I don't have any, but its just a question of trying it out.

But in our servers, i delete all that junk after the 28 numbers and it worked fine.

Don't worry about that. I'm working on something for you all :)

Make it asap :P I've got plenty of messages today from players that they don't have a guid.

Btw, there is a way to keep the server pb protected without kicks for invalid guids. I've already told DD about that but maybe other server admins that read our forums may use it. The command is:

/pb_sv_noguidgrace 0

• Like 1

Make it asap :P I've got plenty of messages today from players that they don't have a guid.

Btw, there is a way to keep the server pb protected without kicks for invalid guids. I've already told DD about that but maybe other server admins that read our forums may use it. The command is:

/pb_sv_noguidgrace 0

All done bro :) Dare's grabbing it now xD

maybe you can have something like a download for etkey? example you make etkey downloadable in a redirect or a website once you connect to FA servers, and it will automatically be place inside etmain? I found this on trackbase site