et taking 25% cpu

Olykiller

hello guys

like usual, ive some problems again

et lagging rly bad, getting up to 800 ping and that 'connection interrupted'

so first i thought it was some background proces that makes me lag but i saw ET is taking over 25% of CPU (ive new pc, i5 core)

any ideas how to fix it?

maybe it has to do with windows 7 ? (its rly shit btw)

grtz

Oly

ET is a really CPU intensive game for its age. what about your video card? my laptop has to be set on low settings to play without lag while my pc i have everything maxed the hell out :D

Edit : well, maybe its my CPU and GPU combo in laptop, ionno.

so i played a little

http://www.xfire.com...?view#118478774

http://www.xfire.com...?view#118478766

http://www.xfire.com...?view#118478764

didnt had the connection interrupted today but still 500 ping, around 40 fps and only 10-15 snaps

E: ill try to download winmtr this week

Edited by Olykiller

hello guys

like usual, ive some problems again

et lagging rly bad, getting up to 800 ping and that 'connection interrupted'

so first i thought it was some background proces that makes me lag but i saw ET is taking over 25% of CPU (ive new pc, i5 core)

any ideas how to fix it?

maybe it has to do with windows 7 ? (its rly shit btw)

grtz

Oly

You must not know much, because win7 is very good, aswell as i5 CPU (Depending on which model you got)

Also, even if its a new cpu, video card CAN be the problem. It really depends on what video card you got, even if its new.

oh man, now that i think about it, my laptop runs Win7 x64 and i get the hard lag and high ping. never really thought much of it. when it had Win Vista x64 game ran fine with most settings maxed and resolution at 1366x768...now i gotta run with minimum settings @ 800x600 and still lag/ping. is your Win7 x64 or x86? on x64 Vista (my pc) i got all maxed and play great even with a 176 kb/s connection...only problem i have is neighbors net :(

oh man, now that i think about it, my laptop runs Win7 x64 and i get the hard lag and high ping. never really thought much of it. when it had Win Vista x64 game ran fine with most settings maxed and resolution at 1366x768...now i gotta run with minimum settings @ 800x600 and still lag/ping. is your Win7 x64 or x86? on x64 Vista (my pc) i got all maxed and play great even with a 176 kb/s connection...only problem i have is neighbors net :(

x86 is a part of x64. theres only 32 and 64bit version of OS out.

Problems of lag and ping them every so often I also have because of my connection that is not as it should be!

Especially when we have two PCs connected to the internet I can virtually play (I mean if a PC is on youtube and on I try to play ET)

I phoned my manager or often have access to the system even though I do not believe that much, okay we will see, good or bad I can play! :camper