How do you explain so many playing ET still?!?!

Pablin

• 7 months later...

I think if you enjoy playing a game like ET, then there's no point in starting playing COD.. but that's just my opinion. I still play because I enjoy the maps and enjoy playing with certain people who I can have some craic with! That is what ET is for me - craic :D Without it, I'd probably still be playing some football game or not playing a game at all..

The availability of servers like FA also make more people stay.. I mean there is a wide range of servers that FA has to offer ET players and this is another reason why so many still play.. Keep up the good work ;)

what´s craic?

what´s craic?

Craic can mean a few different things, depending on the context.

If I were to say, "that was good craic", then it means the it was good fun.

"For the craic" means that I am doing something, not necessarily because it's a good idea (sometimes when it's used, it's when something is definitely not going to be a good idea), but more for the sake of doing it to see what happens.

"What's the craic?" would be used when you want to ask the person how they are, though it can generally just mean "hello"

Though when "craic" is used by itself, it means fun. However there seems to be no proper English translation of it.

It's pronounced "crack" and can get weird looks from people not familiar with the term when they hear someone say, "the craic was good" and they assume you mean crack cocaine.

As to why people play ET? I think it's that it's completely free, relatively open source and that there does exist a pretty strong community there.

• Like 1

It doesn't get boring since they're are many mods available including maps, weapons, etc. to keep the game rolling for years to come. In my opinion, I look for variety in the games I play and I have found it in this game.

Edited by XenoDeki