Guns

TulsaGeoff

Theres are tons of videos on it. Basically it is using the backwards force from the recoil while holding the gun forward with your front hand. So basically every time the gun is shot the recoil will push the gun and trigger back. Since you are constantly pulling forward, you will be essentially pulling the trigger while the recoil or backwards momentum will reset the trigger/hammer for the next shot. That company with the bumpfire stock also makes them for AK's now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD213VW6WjY

• 3 weeks later...

My Czechpoint VZ 58 7.62x39mm rifle with a cheap but good Primary Arms Micro Dot sight. I have a new pistol grip on it and I am waiting for a factory folding stock to arrive from Canada soon :)

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

Edited by KoopaTroopa
  • Like 1

I really like that gun. Someday I want a 7.62x39mm. Still unsure what kind of AK I want, probably a cheaper variant. I had a primary arms red dot on my first AR. I agree with you on that they are good.

If you are pretty handy, you can buy a Saiga rifle, and convert it from its sporting rifle look to a more normal looking AK type rifle. There are tons of tutorials on it online.

Of course, my first AK I owned was a Century WASR. Lots of people bag on the Century rifles, but if you know what to look for, you can get a real winner. Trunnion markings are your friend ;)

I really like that gun. Someday I want a 7.62x39mm. Still unsure what kind of AK I want, probably a cheaper variant. I had a primary arms red dot on my first AR. I agree with you on that they are good.

If you are pretty handy, you can buy a Saiga rifle, and convert it from its sporting rifle look to a more normal looking AK type rifle. There are tons of tutorials on it online.

Of course, my first AK I owned was a Century WASR. Lots of people bag on the Century rifles, but if you know what to look for, you can get a real winner. Trunnion markings are your friend ;)

Yeah, I've done some research on the subject. I like the wood furniture rather than the black synthetic. I plan on converting a Saiga 12 as soon as the price comes down $50 at http://www.classicfirearms.co/Saiga.htm (It was 2 months back). As far as AK's go, I think I want the real thing. It seems like the Century WASR's can be hit or miss and require an inspection in person before buying.

I know you are shying away from the Century WASRs, but if you don't mind a BIG AK, check out their AES10-B (the recent ones). It is a true Romanian built (the only thing Century has done was open the magazine well and replace the parts to bring it to 922r compliance, nothing else) RPK. Factory receiver, factory NEW chrome lined barrel, etc. I have shot the one my friend has a few times and I love it. Hopefully, they will be around next tax season :) Although, I am thinking of buying another optic for my VZ 58. I know that Eotechs and Aimpoints are the rage, but I am thinking about the Trijicon Tri-Power. Fell in love with one I saw at a sporting goods store up north of me.

As far as sights, I'm wanting a Burris 1-4x scope. It would be nice to have the zoom and won't break the bank like a eotech/aimpoint with magnifier or a trijicon. I have nothing again Century. I'll probably stay on the cheaper side like a Century simply because there are more guns I want. :) Are the WASRs new guns or have the receivers been scratched to hell? I can't have that :P

From Classic Firearms

ROM-AK-MV.jpg

ROMANIAN WASR-10 SERIES AK TYPE RIFLE WITH A BAYONET LUG AND COMPENSATOR.

MADE IN THE FAMOUS CUGIR FACTORY IN ROMANIAN. EACH 7.62X39 CALIBER AK MV RIFLE COMES COMPLETE WITH 1 - 30 RD MAG , BAYONET, SHEATH AND SLING. THAT IS THE MOST BANG FOR THE BUCK OF ANY AK RIFLE WE CARRY AND I BELIEVE THE BEST RIFLE VALUE IN THE COUNTRY. FFL REQUIRED

ASK FOR THE ROM-AK MV....... ONLY...... .........$479.99