Guns

TulsaGeoff

Yeah I looked online at the show and saw some Saiga .223 for as low as $320 online, plus tax and FFL transfer...

But the weekend was too far away. I just got home with my girlfriend. We have matching Hi Point 9mm carbine Rifles now. Semiauto.

For just under $900, we have 2 semi autos. Effective range is great, and accurate at 100 yards, I really don't need anything longer at this time, so it works.

Weight is nice, it feels solid and well balanced. 1 click mag drop, mag loads in the grip just like a handgun. My only complaint is the trigger is plastic, and feels a bit weird. I'll be looking into a trigger replacement in the near future. Otherwise, wellllll worth the $446 I paid each. They used to be a lot cheaper, but now nobody has them in stock. I got lucky when I found this guy, and found he had them in stock.

Here's a picture of the Hi Point 9mm Carbine In stock configuration:

post-4795-0-61168500-1340146520_thumb.jpg

And here's an aftermarket with an ATI stock:

post-4795-0-60485300-1340146541_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure what I plan to do yet, but it won't stay original long...

Edited by Antichrist

Nice pair =D I googled and found a place that makes metals triggers for those. Let us know how they work. Try to find an outdoor range and try those out @ 50-100 yards :D Are you going to duracoat one of them white or pink for your GF?

I found a guy on a Hi Point forum that makes the triggers, and I'll be ordering a handful of mags from Hi Point and apparantly they send free parts too, so I'm going to order a couple firing pins, springs, etc...

Oh and if I ever handed her a pink gun, she'd break up with me. She's not into that girly gun shit thankfully

Edited by Antichrist
  • Like 1

Looks great. Where did you buy your hand guard from?

Got it from a place in Canada. http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_288_290&products_id=1328

Looks like they are all sold out now. The makers of the handguards are http://northeasternarms.com/accessories/cz-858-vz-58, but I have the GEN II lower hand guard. They no longer make that one, they make a GEN III that has cooling holes and no rail on the bottom.

• 1 month later...

I got two new guns over the past month. The first one is the Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22 MOE FDE Edition (on the bottom) and it came in today. :) I got to shoot it and it performed flawlessly which can be hard for a semi 22. Shot 350 rounds without jamming or missfiring. I had the .22 conversion for my 5.56 AR (above) but it would fail to shoot about once every 50, twist rate on the barrel was wrong for a .22, and the sites could never be zeroed for a 5.56 and the .22 at the same time. This lead me to get a seperate .22 rifle and after seeing this version, I had to get it to match the rifle that I built.

dsc00884ot.jpg

dsc00885l.jpg

And then I got a Ruger Mark 3 22/45. It has the controls and the grip of the popular 1911 style handguns. I love this thing (and everyone else that has shot it) and they are pretty inexpensive. The permanent plastic grip one is about $230 when on sale. This one is $260 and the grips are wood and removable. Its nice having a cheap handgun to practice with. I've done a couple modifications such as the slingshot mod with spring addition and added the mkII bushing to remove the magazine disconnect. I put the rail on the top because it will get a reflex sight on it after I save some more.

dsc00890lk.jpg

Edited by TulsaGeoff

I added a new gun to my collection today. I've been messing around with assult weapons for a while and never really thought about an AR, but the gun show was in town this weekend so what the heck. Now I have a new pig rifle. It is an out of the box Smith and Wesson M&P 15 in 5.56.

photobucket-9834-1344105396725.jpg

I didn't realize that I had so many outside of my gun safe so I laid them down and took a photo. Top is a Czech made AK 47, next is the AR 15, then my home defense Remmington 870 tactical, and on bottom is one of my SKS rifles - this one with a night vision scope. Just some toys as my other guns stay locked up in the safe.

photobucket-7608-1344105379352.jpg

Last month I bought a ruger SP 101 .357 Mag that is a blast to shoot. I already had one for conceal carry with a 2 inch barrel, but this one has a 4 inch barrel and adjustable sights so it too can be used to pop a pig from time to time. I like killing the wild pigs on one of my properties I lease.

My next purchase is a .22 similar to the Ruger 22/45 that Geoff posted above. I saw one at the show today (all blackwith integral grips) for $279.00 new in the box, but I was out of state and purchasing a hand gun is a lot of trouble when crossing state lines. Anyway I have to play with the AR for a while and then I'll get the .22 for plinking.

This is where I bought my 22/45. You just have it shipped to someone with a Federal Firearms License. Normal price is about $20 around here per firearm.

http://www.sportsman...rms/brand/RUGER Plastic

http://www.sportsman...s2.cfm/ID/87677 Wood grip

www.slickguns.com is a great website to look for gun deals.

Congrats on the new AR. S&W is good to go :)

Edited by TulsaGeoff

I checked out the site and this my very well be the route I take. Their price is $40.00 cheaper than the one at the gun show today. Of course shipping and the FFL transfer adds to it, but not that much.

Thanks Geoff.

I checked out the site and this my very well be the route I take. Their price is $40.00 cheaper than the one at the gun show today. Of course shipping and the FFL transfer adds to it, but not that much.

Thanks Geoff.

Free shipping :yahoo