School... Again

Kladkakan

why when I was you age I had to walk 5 miles in bare feet........................

I had to wake up 4:30 am walk 15 miles barefoot, uphill, in the snow carrying 80 pounds on my back

you guys didnt walk uphill both ways? thats what a normally hear old farts say :P

once i sprained my left ankle and had to walk to and from school then a few days later sprained my right. that was a fuuuuun walk ;) two sprained ankles. those are the "nowadays" hardships. lol when i used to live in Germany, my school was about 15 miles away as well, except in this day and age i had a pair of K2 250 aggressive skates...in Germany....much fun. my friends dad saw us walkin on his way to work and was pissed. made us walk the rest of the way. :D

I had to wake up 4:30 am walk 15 miles barefoot, uphill, in the snow carrying 80 pounds on my back

Snow? Snow? You were lucky to have snow. In my days nails would rain down all day. And we sure as hell didn't have a back to put anything on!

( Lol, anyone know that Monty Python sketch?

)

But to get back to the topic, first day of second year in college just finished, glad to be home (cause of the nails ofcourse)

lol Frated. you gotta remember, they were too old to have printed books. all of their books were handwritten so naturally were much bigger and weighed more than our books of today :P joking joking

but when i was in school, i seldom took my books home. locker is where they rest. i'd do my homework in the class before. like if math was my second class, then i'd do my homework in my homeroom class at the beginning of school. lol. the heaviest thing i had was my skates :D

lol Frated. you gotta remember, they were too old to have printed books. all of their books were handwritten so naturally were much bigger and weighed more than our books of today :P joking joking

but when i was in school, i seldom took my books home. locker is where they rest. i'd do my homework in the class before. like if math was my second class, then i'd do my homework in my homeroom class at the beginning of school. lol. the heaviest thing i had was my skates :D

I know. I don't carry a lot of weight myself (around 25 pounds), but the thing is, it's really ungainly. You try to carry, a backpack with 4 books, a laptop, a clarinet, water polo uniforms and towels, etc., and at least 2 reading books. :)

• 2 weeks later...