Etpub 0.9.1 (Soldier Bug?)

JvIasterMind

Hey guys!

This is JvIasterMind from IoW.

I am trying to set up an ETPub 0.9.1 server and I am experiencing a bug that spawns players as a soldier after they earn level 4 in light weapons. The server I am setting up is using 2.60b. I remember some of your servers used to use ETPub and I don't recall ever experiencing that bug while playing here.

I am hoping that you guys might have a solution to this issue. I have searched Google and your forums and haven't found much information on the bug.

Thank you very much,

JvIasterMind

BTW, you guys run a great server and I always enjoy playing here! I am also very excited about the silEnT mod you guys are working on! Keep up the great work.

• Administrators

From what I can say is, ETpub is practically becoming unsupported mod and I can't even access there forums lately. I hope someone in future picks up ETPub development.

Now as far as that bug goes we never experienced that bug when we where using ETpub. Are you using any LUA or any other add on with ETPub?

Silent mod as already been released for public since more then 1 year.

http://mygamingtalk.com/forums/topic/633-silent-release-033/

I would suggest to try it and see if you reproduce that bug. Silent dev team is working for next release so if you can reproduce that bug we can surely fix it but we haven't encountered the bug which you are saying in silent mod. I would definitely recommend to try silent mod.

Hi daredevil,

Thanks for the reply. I know that ETPub is pretty much unsupported now. Almost every topic in the ETPub forums is overrun with spam now. :(

I would for sure be in favor of using silEnT instead of ETPub. Unfortunately, I think we are not quite ready to make that jump. The server is not currently using any special modifications or LUA scripts. It is basically using the exact same settings as we used in ETPub 8 (which never had the problem). One other server, tjw, is also experiencing the soldier bug. I have talked to the guys running their server and they also have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it either.

I will still try installing silEnT and see if the same thing happens when I use the same server configs. I will also try running the server with all default settings and see if it occurs.

Thanks for your help,

JvIasterMind

• Administrators

I wish I could help but we never encountered that bug in ETPub. More or less even ETPUb forums are dead since last many days.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /e107_plugins/forum/forum.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Go for silent and if you still see that happening we can help. More or less couple of trickjump related bugs are also fixed in silent mod.

Alright, second day of testing silEnT and the soldier bug is fixed. Have to say that I am really liking the silEnT mod, although there are a couple bugs that we discovered. I'll post over at mygamingtalk.com with the info.

Glad you suggested it, daredevil!