Internet Connection/Lag

nomex78

hello all,

i can recommend the TCPOptimizer tool.

Description: The TCP Optimizer is a free, easy Windows program that provides an intuitive interface for tuning and optimizing your Internet connection. There is no installation required, just download and run.

The program can aid both the novice and the advanced user in tweaking related TCP/IP parameters in the Windows Registry, making it easy to tune your system to the type of Internet connection used. The tool uses advanced algorithms, and the bandwidth*delay product to find the best TCP Window for your specific connection speed. It provides for easy tuning of all related TCP/IP parameters, such as MTU, RWIN, and even advanced ones like QoS and ToS/Diffserv prioritization. The program works with all current versions of Windows, and includes additional tools, such as testing average latency over multiple hosts, and finding the largest possible packet size (MTU).

The TCP Optimizer is targeted towards broadband internet connections, however it can be helpful with tuning any internet connection type, from dialup to Gigabit+ :)

TCPOptimizer.exe

• 2 weeks later...

For a number of years I had terrible lag. I then played ET on my jumbo widescreen TV using a wireless LAN connection and a wireless keyboard and mouse. Nuts!

So I bought a used PC and it is wired directly into the router/modem (combo unit) and guess what? ALL lag issues are GONE! I also had this lag problem on my main PC (a powerhouse) with a wired keyboard and mouse and wireless LAN even with excellent connectivity...still LAG issues.

So, for me anyways, this seems to have fixed my online gaming experience! See you on the battlefields!

Silencer.