HALP!

Ch11m33y aka. ChiLLy<3

Question

so i recently updated my computer from Vista to windows 7 and well now cod4 wont work cus its not installed for win7 settings, this i know, but the problem is=to be able to reinstall it i need the cd key... and ive lost the manual that had the cd key, so is tehre anyway i can find my cd key elsewhere?

cat-halp-1-1.jpg?w=347&h=364

11 answers to this question

Open up start and in the search bar type "regedit" and open it. the directory for it should be computer/hkey_local_machine/software/activison/C0D4MW/codkey you should be able to write that key down and then just re-input it. Hope that helps...unless your registry was cleaned when you updated to 7...if so sorry :\

GI_Joe has what I was looking for spot on if not even more direct route ... but like he said IF you reformated to install WIN7 ... you're SOL, oops :huh:

The SOL LONGSHOT ... did you register your product online ? if so maybe their tech support can help recover it ?

thanks joe and kings... well it aint there so :(( *crying* i cant play cod4 :(

Did you reformat your HDD when you upgraded to WIN7 ? YES = SOL ! / NO = STILL HOPE:)

IF NO, then I noticed my recovery would be slightly DIFFERENT from GI_JOEs (so maybe yours is too, don't give up hope YET),

Look at this to get an idea what you need to be doing ... http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/378017-recover-forgotten-cd-keys-via-registry.html

In Windows, bring up the "Run" box {on your keyboard press WindowsKey Windows-Key-722215.jpg + R} and then type in = regedit into the box

the REGISTRY EDIT BOX will pop up ...

scroll down to find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE under YOUR computer and expand it ...

scroll down to find Software and expand it ...

now instead of "activison" being in/under SOFTWARE like GI_Joe had, in my case I have to open "Wow6432Node" under software, and then activision/cod4 is under that ...

"Wow6432Node" is a Registry Redirector, that Vista & Win7 may install to Redirect 32 & 64 bit files into ONE location.

so instead of GI_JOE's = computer/hkey_local_machine/software/activison/C0D4MW/codkey

MINE (and MAYBE YOURS) is = computer/hkey_local_machine/software/Wow6432Node/activison/C0D4MW/codkey

TRY THAT ...

GOOD LUCK :)