Other F|A #2 and COD4 servers

daredevil

• Administrators

Kind of ignorant on that stuff,ddos attack. Is someone targeting us or is it a random attack on a server bank ??

Can't tell.. It could be either someone attacking us or random attack too. Probably first is the case, but can't tell for sure.

Could be whole network attack too.

@Dare: DDoS seems to be over now (no more lag), but Piglet and Snake just let me know that none of our admin commands are working on the server at the moment. I jumped on and tried myself, and indeed there are no commands working.

Edited by sicsiksix

Hi Daredeveil, this basically means that the data center where the servers are hosted currently does not have the facility to detect DDOS attack rapidly, they do not have that equipment device yet on top of the existing firewall from that server.

Moreover, you can actually graph these ping latency so by the time you wake up, you know which time that the server lags or what time does the server provide high ping returns.

Am attaching a sample shot from my end, one of my monitored device:

snapshot6t.png[/img]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

snapshot6t.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by ver-pinoy

• 2 weeks later...