earthquakes and hurricanes

GraveDigger

So yesterday at work i felt the earthquake that rocked the east coast and this coming Saturday i am gonna get smashed by the storm rolling up the east coast.

A hurricane and a earthquake within 5 days of each other. WTF? Will probably lose power for several days over the weekend. No A/C = hot as hell.

2011-va-earthquake-we-will-rebuild-east-coast-damage.jpg?w=441&h=314

I was 70 miles from the epicenter in my shitty work van and never felt a thing.. I feel as if I was cheated out of my first earthquake experience. :( It was still scary with all the people freaking out and no cell service.

I live just outside of Baltimore on the Cheasapeake Bay and I felt the quake and the hurricane is a very serious threat to us. Lucky for me my house sits about 21' about sea level so my house will not suffer any surge damage but the wind and the rain will take its toll. I suffered considerble damage when hurricane Isabell hit and they are not even mentioning that storm in a comparison. This is going cause heavy damage to many people property and not to mention how many businesses are going to be hurt. The financal implications can't even be calculated. My wife stopped on the way home to pick up a gallon of milk and had to go to 3 stores before she could fine a gallon or 1%. Well I got my generator running and my beer so come on Irene Im ready for you!!!

I was 70 miles from the epicenter in my shitty work van and never felt a thing.. I feel as if I was cheated out of my first earthquake experience. :( It was still scary with all the people freaking out and no cell service.

ROFL! That's basically what anyone from the west coast is thinking about the 'Virginia quake of 2011'. I don't get out of bed for anything less than a 5.0...literally. Is it me or does it seem like the news trying to drum up a panic out there?

Hurricanes and tornado's on the other hand... :o

What about a 9.0 earthquake followed by a Tsunami 40 meters high travelling at around 800 KM/h, followed by a nuclear disaster... Anyway, hope no one gets hurt.

I felt cheated also. Half of the people at work felt it and the other half didnt. I was one of the people that didnt. Pretty lame. The Hurricane thats gonna smash me on Sat is gonna really suck though. Not looking forward to that at all.