Advice Please

Frated1

Hey guys,

So lately, I've been feeling like I'm addicted to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. I'm not getting anything done and I feel like my life right now has no point. The only way, in my opinion, is to leave W: ET.

Should I quit W: ET completely? Or should I stay?

Thanks.

(Sorry Maky and Joker)

I say take a break..... not necessarily quit. Just quit playing for a week and see how that goes. Once you quit cold turkey for a week or two slowly introduce yourself back into the game. Try to keep hours limited. If you find that you can not control your hours and it is affecting your life then its time to quit for good.

If you need some time to catch up on things in life do not be afraid to take a break from F|A. You don't have to quit F|A. Breaks are allowed and happen all the time :) Just make sure to give a heads up before you disappear though

Just a suggestion, but go buy one of those funky egg timers and keep it by the PC. before you start playing just set your minutes to w/e you think you can swing for that session and play until it dings.

Then get your butt outta that PC chair and watch some TV...or do something useful like mow a lawn.

You don't need to quit, you just have to know when you should something different.

Egg timers work quite well, however I never liked it (aw, 5 more minutes). I usually make a list of things I should be doing instead of gaming (Whiteboard! :D With estimated time). For me it contains about 4 hours of work for today. But my plane will leave in 23 hours, 45 minutes, so I guess I need it :P

It's not that you should forbid yourself from playing, but you just don't want to start everything by 2200 and seeing that you won't be able to complete the list. And seeing that list will make you do it. At least I will :)

@NoGood: stop playing games, but instead go watching TV isn't exactly that much better, right? :P

my personal advice: uninstall ET, just backup etkey in case ^^

it happens to me, I remember so many times playing almost till morning and go to work sleepless... OMG, it was so stupid.. the only way to stop for at that time was to remove the game, it's better now :lol: especially now I have an iPad which I'm using for browsing the web, emails and more stuff, with this solution I found my self using less often my PC ... Now I have my games back on my pc but still I can control my self, the main reason for me to use my pc is testing few stuff or use heavy applications or even from time to time play ET or Cod4.. but the rest is done with my iPad, I even have xfire on my ipad :D

• Clan Friend

I would suggest you this:

1. Don't even start et if you have to do something more important.

2. Quit if you are not enjoying the game.

3. Try to decide in advance how many hours and which day(s) you should play, then respect that schedule, no matter what. That is, quit even in the middle of a game if your time is over.

If you feel that you can't control it, and you still play even if you shouldn't, then you blame yourself for playing too much, maybe taking a break / uninstalling could be the ultimate solution.

Dude just make sure you don't play wolfenstein until you've done your daily chores etc..

Allow yourself to play more on weekends or something, but in the week, make it a treat for yourself when you've finished all your RL duties...

I promise you it works. :)

Hey guys,

So lately, I've been feeling like I'm addicted to Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. I'm not getting anything done and I feel like my life right now has no point. The only way, in my opinion, is to leave W: ET.

Should I quit W: ET completely? Or should I stay?

Thanks.

(Sorry Maky and Joker)

I would say quit if you are having these thoughts. At 40 years old I have basically wasted the most productive years of my life staring at a computer or tv killing something. I could have gotten a million things done if I had not been addicted to gaming. I always wait until the last minute to do anything. I have twenty games sitting by my computer, and if I get burned out on one, I just start playing another. It consumes your time the way a drug addiction consumes money. Very similar actually.

find a different hobby is my suggestion. take it easy rest and relax do some fishing or stroll the beach

if you have pets, they are nice to admire (sometimes) they can do some really funny stuff sometimes

chores are a must lol so best take care of RL stuff before game.

and if i have any more suggestions i'll be sure to come back

I know what you are talking about. I had the same last Year in March, so i quit the Game for some Month and came back in September cuz i missed so many ppl and also gaming.

With my new job i cant happen anymore, but i was making sure with a daily plan that it will not happen again.

write down what you have to do in a plan and how much time you need to get it done.

example

7am - 8am getting ready for work/school

8am - 3pm work/school

3pm - 4pm study/homework time/cooking

4pm - 5pm dinner + cleaning

and so on

also make sure that you getting the list done even before starting pc. i dunno if you are like me,

but when i do things like cleaning and pc is running i know for sure that in my breaks i will use it and then its hard to get back to cleaning or whatever you do,

so i dont start my pc before i got the list done.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are feeling that bad playing it, I would advise to quit playing ET. I can't play WOW, because I know it will take up too much of my time. It may even impact my sleep and work and relationships. Do what you gotta do.