invalid guid

Olykiller

hello

ive got a new pc now but ive a small problem

i get an error when i try to connect to jay1

"you have an invalid guid.This Might be a temporary problem, and you should try reconnecting."

tried reconnecting, dont work

so i googled bit, nothing special. my problem is that i dont have a guid yet (cant find in etmain). i always thought you got one when you connect to serv for the first time

grtz

That is not always true. If you copy your PB folder and Some Certain files from your ETMain/Jaymod folder and not copy your ETkey you dont get a new one. Everytime you connect to a server you get a temporary guid, but everytime you load the server, you lose your XP and all the settings that you thought were saved. A Simple thing is to reinstall. Since you can't find a etkey, that means you lost it or accidentally deleted it. PB and Serverside tracks you via guid. Jaymod has a built in that warns you, "Hey you don't have a key so you won't get your XP/lvls when you reconnect to the server." So to save your time it tells you pretty much to reinstall.

Since jaymod has its own profiles in its jaymod Mod folder, meaning that if you dont copy that either, you lose your saved data. You can copy your ETKey and it will work on Silent/ETpub/ETpro but not on jaymod.

i started with nothing, didnt copy anything from my old pc

tried this cmd: /pb_cdkeyreg

got : etkey/guid file already exists

weird

im gonna try to copy my etkey from my old pc, will give an update soon

i started with nothing, didnt copy anything from my old pc

tried this cmd: /pb_cdkeyreg

got : etkey/guid file already exists

weird

im gonna try to copy my etkey from my old pc, will give an update soon

Well I installed ET on grandpa's PC and same problem occured, but after the first reconnect attempt it was working, did you try reconnecting after /pb_cdkeyreg If guid/etkey is existing you should be able to join.

PB enabled

gonna try what joker said now

E: ah joker made my day, /cdkeyreg +recon worked, thx for replies!!

Np have fun

• 1 month later...