Server Update NQ Server Updated

daredevil

// Controls player spawning behavior.

// Players spawn at closest- or random-spawn location (Values 0-default ET or 1 respectively).

set nq_playerspawning 0

should solve problem with spawning on walls

lags proly come with pb

can we force all peeps to have settings like rate 32000 maxpackets 100 snaps 20?

for dual colts add this line to ur config seta cg_limbo_secondary "2"

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True, but some players just wanna click their shortcut and play. There's always gonna be some that are not gonna update, how easy it may be.

their shortcut will be the same they only have to overwrite their et.exe (for windows) file in their Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory folder

Can't stand 1.2.9 anymore; spawning with 1 pistol even though you've checked dual pistols in limbo every single time you died..

cg_limbo_secondary

Description

Selects the default secondary weapon from the limbo weapon-selection list.

Parameters

Type: [0|1|2] 0 Single handgun

1 Dual handguns (akimbo)

2 SMG (always get best secondary weapon)

Default: 2

http://www.shitstorm...noquarter/wiki/

when something is updated dont cry just try to search in google is your best friend :thanks

Update... I understand that with time everything will be ok but when it comes to voting on the maps ... on the one hand it is good here, but that was better the old way .... I have as to the mixed feelings ... :unsure:

vsays medic is working on it.

what u mean by spawn bugs? It's not NQ issue.

Lagging tell them to report there lagometer screenshot and run WINMTR. New NQ requires 2.6b and NOT 2.55. If they are playing from old version of ET i.e. 2.55 they are bound to lag. Game is 7 years old and if they still don't update there ET to 2.6b, it's not at all our fault.

Ok.

Spawn bug I mean like on stargate allies side people spawn on wall and only way get out is /kill. -> 23.08.2011 20:13 I did get there 3 times.

I'll use 2.6b, but I'll check players who says about lag that version. Many members have also sayed about lags (they should do check that version by now).

Not happy about voting.

Masa

Again and again i go in ET and see players lagging and i lag too! i had there 5+ player who had lag, and usaly they dont have lag :S This is not a big lag but its so big you can't play normaly says me and NQ1 players... Got any ideas? update config ?

:huh:

This is not good but i have played with it and no lag!1448544113.png

• Administrators

// Controls player spawning behavior.

// Players spawn at closest- or random-spawn location (Values 0-default ET or 1 respectively).

set nq_playerspawning 0

should solve problem with spawning on walls

lags proly come with pb

can we force all peeps to have settings like rate 32000 maxpackets 100 snaps 20?

for dual colts add this line to ur config seta cg_limbo_secondary "2"

Thanks! I updated that in server config.

For rate and maxpackets, I already tried using that. Here is what we use at present but looks like it's not working. For silent it works perfectly and I am not sure for NQ. Can you please check?

sv_cvar cg_bobup EQ 0
sv_cvar cg_fov IN 90 120
sv_cvar cg_shadows IN 0 1
sv_cvar cl_freelook EQ 1
sv_cvar snap EQ 20
sv_cvar cl_maxpackets IN 30 100
sv_cvar cl_pitchspeed EQ 0
sv_cvar cl_yawspeed EQ 0
sv_cvar cl_timenudge EQ 0
sv_cvar com_maxfps IN 44 333
sv_cvar m_pitch OUT -0.011 0.011
sv_cvar m_yaw IN -0.022 0.022
sv_cvar r_allowextensions EQ 1
sv_cvar r_clamptoedge EQ 1
sv_cvar r_detailtextures EQ 0
sv_cvar r_drawentities EQ 1
sv_cvar r_drawworld EQ 1
sv_cvar r_primitives IN 0 2
sv_cvar r_showmodelbounds EQ 0
sv_cvar r_showtris EQ 0
sv_cvar r_zfar EQ 0
sv_cvar r_znear EQ 3
sv_cvar rate IN 25000 45000
sv_cvar cg_thirdperson EQ 0
sv_cvar r_gamma IN 1 3
sv_cvar r_intensity IN 0 2
sv_cvar r_mapoverbrightbits  IN 0 3
sv_cvar r_overbrightbits  IN 0 2
sv_cvar r_picmip IN 0 3

cg_limbo_secondary

Description

Parameters

1 Dual handguns (akimbo)

when something is updated dont cry just try to search in google is your best friend :thanks

Thanks! Can you also check venom spread with 1.2.3 ? I recall you had made weapon damage pk3 before. Can u re update it back to make it look like 1.2.3? I will add it on server. I really don't have time to look into it and compare at present but if you have time and if you can do that, it would be great!

Thank you!

Again and again i go in ET and see players lagging and i lag too! i had there 5+ player who had lag, and usaly they dont have lag :S This is not a big lag but its so big you can't play normaly says me and NQ1 players... Got any ideas? update config ?

This is not good but i have played with it and no lag!1448544113.png

What's your ET version? Also, can you post your winMTR and lagometer screenshots?

True, but some players just wanna click their shortcut and play. There's always gonna be some that are not gonna update, how easy it may be.

For some we can't penalize others. For NQ 1.2.3 there is no map voting but 1.2.9 b6 has. With 1.3.0 many other bugs will be fixed.

I personally dont lag at all with the new version. I noticed that ping was lil higher than before, so did some changes in my cfg; /rate 25000 and/or 32000 (before 45000); maxpackets 30 (before 76), snaps 20 (before 40). My ping before the update server was around 140, now is almost 100 and stable fps.

Ppl need patch their ET, cos yes, most of kicks are cos pb, but many others are cos they r running old version.

I like the option of map voting :)

Is the setting same than earlier?Just wondering because it seems that arty is like nuclear bomb and shotgun, nades etc. feels more powerful than earlier.-Boom

I haven't changed those settings.. probably they got changed withing mod itself.

Dare, if they arty is way overpowering like it was with default 1.2.3 you may have to manually tone it down. These settings seem to help on our server. They aren't officially supported by NQ but they appear to work none the less.

Dare, do you have any g_dmg settings for arty and airRadius in place? I don't think NQ "supports" them, but they seemed to tame an issue with overpowering arty on my server.

I personally dont lag at all with the new version. I noticed that ping was lil higher than before, so did some changes in my cfg; /rate 25000 and/or 32000 (before 45000); maxpackets 30 (before 76), snaps 20 (before 40). My ping before the update server was around 140, now is almost 100 and stable fps.

Ppl need patch their ET, cos yes, most of kicks are cos pb, but many others are cos they r running old version.

I like the option of map voting :)

i tryed it already! no help :S

This is not good but i have played with it and no lag!

I have that annoying lag/stuttering too. I noticed it after the nq version/conf with voting came in. With the initial 1.2.9 update, the game was smooth as silk for me.

Don't know if it was the smaller number of players or conf changes, the last 2 rounds of today were OK.

I just increased the megs settings and disabled the nq style hud. Nothing special. I'll see tommorrow if it was a fluke.

Edited by mAtEm

• Administrators

Dare, if they arty is way overpowering like it was with default 1.2.3 you may have to manually tone it down. These settings seem to help on our server. They aren't officially supported by NQ but they appear to work none the less.

Dare, do you have any g_dmg settings for arty and airRadius in place? I don't think NQ "supports" them, but they seemed to tame an issue with overpowering arty on my server.

How to please. g_dmg doesn't affect NQ.

i tryed it already! no help :S

Check the lag topic in ET help section.

I have that annoying lag/stuttering too. I noticed it after the nq version/conf with voting came in. With the initial 1.2.9 update, the game was smooth as silk for me.

Don't know if it was the smaller number of players or conf changes, the last 2 rounds of today were OK.

I just increased the megs settings and disabled the nq style hud. Nothing special. I'll see tommorrow if it was a fluke.

Run winMTR and post lagometer screenshots.

ok dare i will made a new damage pk3

nani you are a PRO can you send me your cfg? ;):P:lol

Looks like something is changed in default NQ 1.2.9 package?

This lines doesn't exist for grenades in new one?

weaponDef
{
both {
	name					"Grenade"
	statname				"Grenade"
	damage					265
	splashdamage			265
	splashdamage_radius		265
	selfKillMessage			"dove on his own grenade"
	KillMessage				"was exploded by"
	KillMessage2			"'s grenade."
	GibbingWeapon
}

their shortcut will be the same they only have to overwrite their et.exe (for windows) file in their Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory folder

And therefor again the same answer: 'There's always gonna be some that are not gonna update, how easy it may be.'

+ they need to install 2.60 first and then AGAIN I will have the same answer..

Can't stand 1.2.9 anymore; spawning with 1 pistol even though you've checked dual pistols in limbo every single time you died..

cg_limbo_secondary

Description

Parameters

1 Dual handguns (akimbo)

http://www.shitstorm...noquarter/wiki/

First of all, this is not 'crying'.

Every mod or older NQ version would have auto-selected dual pistols.

This is not supposed to happen and we are not supposed to enter that in console, because yet again barely anyone is gonna do that.

I google A LOT to fix stuff, but not this mod related issue, since a return to 1.2.3 would fix much more than just that and many NQ1 members are waiting for it.

The client wants to do nothing but play.

Thanks! I updated that in server config.

For rate and maxpackets, I already tried using that. Here is what we use at present but looks like it's not working. For silent it works perfectly and I am not sure for NQ. Can you please check?

sv_cvar cg_bobup EQ 0
sv_cvar cg_fov IN 90 120
sv_cvar cg_shadows IN 0 1
sv_cvar cl_freelook EQ 1
sv_cvar snap EQ 20
sv_cvar cl_maxpackets IN 30 100
sv_cvar cl_pitchspeed EQ 0
sv_cvar cl_yawspeed EQ 0
sv_cvar cl_timenudge EQ 0
sv_cvar com_maxfps IN 44 333
sv_cvar m_pitch OUT -0.011 0.011
sv_cvar m_yaw IN -0.022 0.022
sv_cvar r_allowextensions EQ 1
sv_cvar r_clamptoedge EQ 1
sv_cvar r_detailtextures EQ 0
sv_cvar r_drawentities EQ 1
sv_cvar r_drawworld EQ 1
sv_cvar r_primitives IN 0 2
sv_cvar r_showmodelbounds EQ 0
sv_cvar r_showtris EQ 0
sv_cvar r_zfar EQ 0
sv_cvar r_znear EQ 3
sv_cvar rate IN 25000 45000
sv_cvar cg_thirdperson EQ 0
sv_cvar r_gamma IN 1 3
sv_cvar r_intensity IN 0 2
sv_cvar r_mapoverbrightbits  IN 0 3
sv_cvar r_overbrightbits  IN 0 2
sv_cvar r_picmip IN 0 3

Thanks! Can you also check venom spread with 1.2.3 ? I recall you had made weapon damage pk3 before. Can u re update it back to make it look like 1.2.3? I will add it on server. I really don't have time to look into it and compare at present but if you have time and if you can do that, it would be great!

Thank you!

What's your ET version? Also, can you post your winMTR and lagometer screenshots?

For some we can't penalize others. For NQ 1.2.3 there is no map voting but 1.2.9 b6 has. With 1.3.0 many other bugs will be fixed.

here:byfza.jpg

316qo3p.jpg

5voldf.jpg

And my ET version is 2.60b

• Administrators

Green spikes in your lagometer = your CPU OR Ping issue basically you are downloading something while playing.

Under normal case, that green should stay flat green.