That Book You've Read 100000 Times

bell reavue

I go for quantity rather than quality :P I read lotr in 3 languages as well, actually in German it was an audiobook (my German sux but I can still follow the story, or pretend to ^^)

As regards the movies, I think everyone who reads a book and then watches the movie is always disappointed at least a bit, because they cut parts of the story, change or remove characters, etc.

Chinese?

• Clan Friend

Chinese?

not yet :D

I read the Lord of the Rings first in English then Italian then German, as regards Chinese I don't go much past ni hao and such basic stuff, I will probably try to learn it if I improve my Japanese, since they share lots of characters it would make sense to learn both, after all that huge work.

But after you read a book so many times,  you need a break for a while, I don't think I will read LOTR or HP again soon :)

with movies it's much easier to re-watch them again and again

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

"when nietzsche wept" from Irvin Yalom and "Foundation Series" from Asimov :3 (I guess)

Pd: is anyone reading "the kingkiller chronicles" from patrick rothfuss? I highly recomend it!

"when nietzsche wept" from Irvin Yalom and "Foundation Series" from Asimov :3 (I guess)

Pd: is anyone reading "the kingkiller chronicles" from patrick rothfuss? I highly recomend it!

I recommend u Schopenhauer's Cure of Yalom ;)