Website Pruning old inactive users

daredevil

• Administrators

We will be pruning out users who haven't login once in last 6 months and have zero post count. New facilities will be added to the users, who have more then 25 post count.

Likes, signature and status messages will return for users who have higher post counts. New features will be added for active and regular users.

Perks will be added for users who are regular on our forums. :) You can get all perks and much more instantly by purchasing VIP membership.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I like this idea! How long must you be gone to start losing the benefits of a forum regular?

Thanks.

Whole idea is to delete users who created account on forums and never used it since ages. It frees up username so others can pick up if they like. Some users just create account to apply once and never return back there after in last 2 years. Doesn't make sense to block username/display name for ever for the player who is never going to return back.

Another reason is to add benefits for the users who are active on forums. It's but obvious if you are active on forums then 25 PM limit doesn't cut the slack and you have to keep deleting it. More limit will be added for all active users so you don't have to delete PM's or use other services without much restriction.

More or less in past users created fake account to give +1 to themselves. Oh well, not anymore because now users will be able to give +1 or like other posts if they have certain amount of post. It also fixes human spam promoters. Ex. User A registers 10 account on forums and spams on blog or posts just for the sake of promoting other websites through there signatures.

Now since min # of post will be required to use signature, human spammers will get hard time. There are couple of more things too.

Once you receive those benefits, they will not be removed.

So I need to stop being a ghost and say something every now and then..... ill see what I can do, but its been busy.

We will be pruning out users who haven't login once in last 6 months and have zero post count. New facilities will be added to the users, who have more then 25 post count.

No, just got to read posts more carefully. :P Keyword "Zero post count" :)

On the side note, welcome back from zombie land :)

• Administrators

Includes inactive members who don't post/don't visit?

If they have zero post count since they registered on forums i.e. they never made any single post, they will be removed, Yes.

If they made posts, then no.

If they have zero post count since they registered on forums i.e. they never made any single post, they will be removed, Yes.

If they made posts, then no.

What if it was just when they were trial-so maybe 1-2 posts regarding their application? This probably will apply to only a few members but I am just curious. It will keep bugging me if I don't ask XD

I know you said zero posts. But obviously these members don't care about us or they'd come back, so I don't see why they wouldn't be removed just like regular users. I was going to ask if this applied to regular users too, but you've already addressed that :)

• Administrators

What if it was just when they were trial-so maybe 1-2 posts regarding their application? This probably will apply to only a few members but I am just curious. It will keep bugging me if I don't ask XD

I can't say about future right now but not at present.